-Engagement Manager - Central Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Do you want to actually look forward to Monday mornings?Â
You can at Workday! We embody the qualities of a great company, offer world-class products and services, listen to our employees, empower creativity and innovation, and celebrate a job well done. Itâs that simple, and has earned us the #1 ranking on two 2012 âBest Places to Workâ surveys (as voted by our own employees).
The Engagement Manager will be responsible for ensuring the successfudeliverables (e.g., charter, project/staffing plan, issue logs, etc.) and work with the Client project manager to resolve issues that stand in the way of project success. The Engagement Manager will also be responsible for managing to the agreed to budget and delivering the project profitably.
This Position is located in Chicago, IL, Minneapolis, MN or Columbus, OH.Â
- Become an expert in Workday's Implementation Methodology and leverage it on all engagements.
- Manage the implementation of 1 â 2 simultaneous projects.
- Demonstrate competency in the Workday product suite - HCM, Payroll, and/or Financials.
- Participate in the sales cycle when requested to gather requirements, formulate delivery approach and develop a proposal/SOW.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to those Professional Service resources working on their implementations.
- Ensure projects are properly planned and staffed.
- Work with the client project manager to identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope and/or timeframes.
- Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance with agreed to checkpoints.
- Present at Executive Steering Committee meetings.
- Ensure the client takes advantage of Workday best practices.
- Be a liaison for professional services when interacting with sales and/or development.
- Identify opportunities to position other service offerings.
- Ensure the client can serve as a reference upon completing their implementation.
- Assist in the transition of the customer from professional services to product support.
- Ensure the project is delivered within the budget outlined in the SOW.
- Present client with change orders in the event they're asking Workday to perform tasks that are outside the scope of the SOW.
- 3+ years experience project managing HCM, payroll or financial implementations withinÂ large Enterprise or Fortune 500 Clients.
- Consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software company.
- Experience implementing Workday, Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft or similar application.
- Working knowledge with at least one of the following business areas: Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, General Ledger, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Services procurement.
- Project Management experience.
- Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills.
- Passion for customer service.
- Business development skills.
- Knowledge of Internet technology.
- Previous experience with a major systems integrator and/or an enterprise software company a plus.
- Previous service sales experience a plus. Successful candidates have a balance of functional (business) and technical experience.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
||Chicago, IL |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services