New Business Account Executive â€" Endurance Sports
Active Network, EMEA
Active is placing an ever increasing focus on international expansion and is seeking to grow and scale its presence in EMEA further by appointing an experienced and driven Account Executive with responsibility for selling Active's Online Event Registration solutions, and associated products and services, to Endurance Sports organizers (running, cycling, swimming, triathlon, associated endurance sports). Our technology platforms transform the way organizers manage their activities and events by automating online registrations and streamlining other critical management functions, while also driving participation to their events.
Working closely together with Active's Marketing, Business Development and Technical Support teams, the Account Executive will be responsible for expanding Active's business in France.
The Account Executive will primarily be responsible for identifying, prospecting and selling to large and strategic named accounts. Furthermore, the Account Executive will work with partners and affiliates targeting larger volumes of small and medium size accounts in order to achieve full market coverage.
The Account Executive role will suit an entrepreneurial, self starting, and experienced sales representative with significant B2B, B2C and relevant sports industry experience.
- Promoting and selling online technology applications
- Proactively hunt for new business to call on, via phone, email and face-to-face, employing a balanced contact plan to generate prospects
- Qualifying, building and owning a predictable sales pipeline, including regular sales forecasting
- Converting new business on a monthly cycle
- Develop and execute account plans for key accounts
- Aggressively pursue and close new business, yet building trust, loyalty and solid long-term relationships with key decision-makers
- Coordinate all aspects of the sale from start to finish, including price and contract negotiations
- Create and conduct customer presentations and proposals
- Strong consultative face to face relationship building with new clients
- Understanding current and prospective customers' business issues and buying motives
- Conducting "needs analysis" for clients
- Delivering the right solution for clients' evolving business requirements
- Provide leadership in Active Network product knowledge
- Achieve at a minimum monthly, quarterly and annual booking quota's as outlined by management
- Develop and maintain knowledge of competition and industry trends
- Developing a high and positive profile within the market.
- Work in conjunction with other team members
- Travel to and participate in sports specific conferences and events
- Provide regular sales and activity reports
- Enter and maintain sales and client information into CRM
- Attend 1-1's with manager
- Attend team meetings
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant B2B/B2C software sales/business development experience, preferably including SaaS/Cloud products and services
- Knowledge and participation in the Sports market, preferably with expertise and contacts within Endurance Sports.
- An existing 'black book' of key market contacts
- Business acumen - experience in prioritising essentials for success
- Being articulate and poised, with strong presentation skills â€" and closing ability
- Strong knowledge of the sales process. Ability to proactively moving the sale from start to finish
- Examples of smashing sales targets and objectives - goal oriented
- UK market knowledge and experience
- Natural drive with a loyal, strong, and proactive work ethic
- BA/BS or higher
- Must be an entrepreneurial team oriented person that thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced sales environment, achieving personal and business goals
This Job Includes:
- Performance based compensation
- Continuous learning, development and rewarding career progression.
The Active Network, Inc. is the leading provider of organization-based cloud computing applications, serving diverse market segments including business events, community activities, outdoors and sports, with over 51,300 global business customers and 80 million annual transactions reported last year. Our technology platforms transform the way organizers manage their activities and events by automating online registrations and streamlining other critical management functions, while also driving consumer participation to their events. Our flagship media property, Active.comÂ®, is the leading online community for people who want to discover, participate in, and share activities about which they are passionate. Headquartered in San Diego, California since 1999, the Company has over 25 offices worldwide. The company employs approximately 3,000 people and is listed on New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ACTV ticker. The company's EMEA headquarter is located in London, near Paddington Station. To learn more, visit www.ActiveNetwork.com or www.Active.com. Follow Active Network on Twitter @ActiveNetwork, @Active and on Facebook.
Our team members provide our customers with the tools, connections and knowledge they need to be successful. We are more than technology providers-- we are consultants and partners, helping great organizations do really great things.
Keith Williams, Senior Manager, Business Development (Sports), EMEA
|Headquarters:||10182 Telesis Court|
San Diego, CA 92121
|Industry:||Business Products and Services|