Account Executive- HPC, Life Sciences DataDirect Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
DDN does NOT accept resumes or calls from recruitment agencies; thank you for your cooperation.
DataDirect Networks (www.ddn.com) is the world?s largest privately held data storage company. We are the leading provider of data storage and computer technologies, solutions and services that enable content-rich and high-scalability IT environments to create and deliver value out of their information. Our customers include many of the world?s leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing environments, life sciences, professional media and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN solutions are the business-enabling backbone to today?s complex IT infrastructures.
We are currently seeking a Account Executive HPC, Life Sciences, Financial Services- Territory: New England
The Account Executive will work in the development of new HPC, Life Sciences accounts in a given geographical territory with one or two installed accounts. The account executive needs to develop at the territory to be able to sustain $3-4m within 12 months. The Account Executive is required to be in front of the end user, even if not selling directly, to build the relationship and share the DDN story. This position will be field based and involve travel approximately 50%-60% of the time. The job involves managing the account and growing business through their own experience, including previously established relationships; so a successful applicant must have strong industry contacts and a demonstrated success in personally closing business in the HPC, Life Sciences, Financial Services vertical industries. The typical sales cycle requires a solution sales approach to avoid a long and complex sales cycle. The majority of sales go through channel partners; so strong contacts with related channels are a requirement.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Drive new business by leveraging strong partner and customer contacts to gain access to end users.
- Develop a strategic approach to grow the territory in terms of revenue and new accounts
- Create and maintain a customer pipeline, hitting revenue goals on a quarterly basis.
- Build relationships with channel and OEM partners to grow brand presence to end users.
- Establish executive level relationships, understanding the needs and language of customer?s specific business using a solution sales methodology.
- Lead and coordinate complex, team selling efforts (with internal and external partners).
- Develop and maintain a strong partnership with all DDN staff, specifically with Sales Engineers and technical support staff.
- Develop a strong understanding of the customers? technology infrastructure, strategy and business requirements.
- Leverage internal resources to create successful Proposals and Presentations in response to RFPs and other customer needs.
- Drive a territory strategy in alignment with DDN brand strategy.
- Accurately forecast sales figures and projections using SalesForce.com.
- Consistent communication with DDN Sales Leadership including sales reports.
- Manage accurate data and record keeping in SalesForce.com to increase customer satisfaction and brand penetration.
Attend trade shows and other activities to raise DDN?s presence in the industry.
Successfully negotiate with internal and external partners and end-user customers.
Manage customer relationships post-sale; including a strategy to close repeat business.
Expected to drive business through their own experience, including previously established relationships.
Qualifications for this role are:
- Must have 6-8 years of experience in selling new business storage, with strong technical expertise, including deep industry knowledge and contacts.
- Must consistently be top 25% of sales force in quota attainment.
- Must get 25% of annual revenue from NEW ACCOUNTS.
- Must have experience negotiating large transactions personally and been instrumental in closing those deals.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required.
DDN has a strong orientation towards these 4 characteristics and any successful employee will demonstrate these capabilities:
Self Starter ? A pro-active orientation and the ability to operate independently to achieve goals.
Success/Achievement Orientation ? Ability to thrive in the face of adversity, drive to overcome all obstacles to reach goals.
Leveraging Relationships ? Orientation to leverage all relationships (internally and externally) to maximize personal and DDN successes.
Problem Solving ? Ability to understand a situation and to identify the best route to satisfy all concerned parties and enhance DDN?s brand.
DDN takes pride in developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, DDN welcomes opportunities to learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
Thank you for your interest in joining DDN!
Please read only if you need application assistance:
||Columbia, MD |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED