Accounting Manager eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Accounting Manager will have oversight over the General Ledger (G/L) team and be focused on managing the month-end close and internal reporting needs. Â The Company is seeking a self-starter who can scale with the Company as it continues its growth initiatives.Â
We are looking for someone who is honest, hardworking, and able to manage the accounting team on a daily basis. This candidate must be focused, intelligent, detail oriented, hands-on, dependable, able to multi-task, a fast learner, and able to have fun while working in a fast paced environment. Â
- Oversee the day-to-day accounting functions of two direct reports.
- Responsible for monthly revenue recognition and analysis of sales reserves.
- Oversee the development and implementation of internal revenue recognition model.
- Responsible for review and approval of journal entries.
- Manage monthly close, review account reconciliations and provide variance analyses (comparison to forecasts and budgets).
- Responsible for the preparation of financial statements including the balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows.
- Responsible for account maintenance of all entities including corporate and international locales.
- Preparation of monthly internal financial statements and variance analyses.
- Preparation of all quarterly and year-end audit packages and other required statutory filings.
- Coordination with external auditors for requests and inquiries.
- Ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures under areas of responsibility.Â Provide recommendations for improving organizationâs accounting operations.
- Other special projects as required may be assigned by the Assistant Controller.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and at least 5 years of combined work experience.Â Big 4 experience is a must and experience as an Accounting Manager is strongly preferred.Â
- Must have recent hands-on operational accounting experience and a strong orientation towards details.
- Experience leading and developing a team of primarily exempt employees.
- Must have excellent project management, analytical, written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven experience overseeing multiple projects and meeting strict deadlines.
- Must possess strong process reengineering experience includingÂ process/procedures improvements.
- Experience with a high growth or internet company is a plus.
- Knowledge of Great Plains is a plus but not required.
||Santa Monica, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Functional Area:||Accounting / Finance|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED