Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
- Form a strong, professional working relationship with the China Country Manager to help develop and administer our Chinese presence
- Direct and oversee all accounting and financial related activities for Tesla's Chinese legal entities based in Beijing, China
- Working with the China executive team assist with all activities connected to creating and maintaining the highest level of Government relations
- Plan and build the Tesla China Accounting team from scratch, including all recruiting (search, selection and interviewing activities) and training staff.
- Ensure the entities are in compliance with local statutory financial requirements, (local GAAP) ,including income tax, VAT, import/export duty requirements, and intra-stat returns.
- Partner with legal to ensure other non-financial statutory requirements are met.
- Review and approve monthly US GAAP accounts to ensure transmission back to US corporate is accurately and timely.
- Assess finance resource requirements in both Chinese operating entities to ensure adequate staffing to manage all deliverables while remaining cost-efficient.
- Ensure compliance with Tesla's corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing controls in order to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
- Responsible for the hiring and management of the finance team in China
- This is a dynamic and expanding, immature environment that requires a hands-on, proactive Accounting Director who can manage effectively the internal and external relationships with key stakeholders.
- 15 years of professional experience in Western accounting and finance; [Minimum 5 years Finance experience in mainland China] 10+ years in management.
- Deep experience building Accounting teams, including all recruiting (search, selection and interviewing activities), training and management of staff.
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written in English and Mandarin Chinese. Effectively keep corporate and direct management chain abreast of key issues.
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal hands-on supervision. Able to identify and prioritize critical issues within the context of overall corporate needs and put appropriate plans and resources in place to manage with minimal management involvement.
- High energy, hands on manager who is results-oriented and execution-focused. Comfortable in drilling down into the details and performing hands-on analyses when necessary.
- Experience in managing local Chinese finance organizations. Strong, mature, practical manager with the ability to deliver the business results by setting stretch objectives, tracking and managing performance and resolving employee issues quickly.
- The incumbent should have heavy exposure to local taxation practices and import/export issues.
- Strong personal integrity and has the highest ethical standards.
- Experience in Auto sales and distribution a strong plus.
- Experience in US multi-national corporate setting a plus.
Reporting structure: This position directly reports to the Global CFO of Tesla, based in California.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.