Alchemist - Entry Level CrowdFlower
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Alchemist - Full Time Intern
CrowdFlower is changing the way work gets done, and we want you to help. We are building a technology platform that takes large, data-heavy projects and breaks them into small tasks that are distributed to a multi-million-person, on-demand workforce around the world. Our technology then aggregates the results and controls for quality. We are growing fast and need smart, innovative people, willing to work (and play) hard to come help us cultivate the crowd. Come work with our exceptional team in a large open office at 17th and Mission that boasts the largest collection of office plants this side of Market Street. Plus family dinners, never-ending supplies of your favorite pantry foods, foosball and Wii for those who get their work done--
CrowdFlower is constantly growing, developing, and operating in a fun data-driven environment. This is where you, the "Alchemist", come in. The role is an entry-level position with no skill-set requirements. You'll work alongside the bright minds of CrowdFlower engineers, data-scientists, Sales Executives, and Account Managers as "support staff". Day-to-day projects include managing the basic function of CrowdFlower's technology and conducting audits of Fortune 500 data. Being an Alchemist is an exposure to the different facets of CrowdFlower and a fast-track to a fulltime position within the company. In addition, we will provide you invaluable resources dedicated to helping you learn to program. Ultimately, this job is an exposure to an exciting world where lots of revenue meets venture capital meets free dinners and lunches meets beer on tap. If you're smart and hungry to get a chance at "making it" in Silicon Valley let us know!
A few things you'll focus on as an Alchemist:
- Support and/or facilitate crowdsourcing jobs for enterprise clients including implementation, execution, and ongoing maintenance.
- Monitor and respond to feedback from job contributors.
- Perform regular results audits and track job performance metrics and provide regular reports to clients.
- Provide feedback on systems/tools/process in order to increase automation and improve efficiency of execution.
- Develop and continually optimize workflows, job calibration, and quality controls to improve user experience for contributors, while meeting client expectations for results quality and turnaround time.
- The ability to dedicate 3-5 days a week in the office with limited opportunities to work from home
- You should be comfortable working with people-phone, email, in-person
- The ability to listen and ask questions when appropriate.
- You're not afraid to jump in with a better solution if you have one, or work with other team members if you don't know the best approach.
- You'll need to handle multiple projects and budget your time as we don't micromanage
- Some Excel
- 4 - year University degree
- Knowing about multi-dimensional datasets
- Blogger or hacker or both with a solid grasp of HTML and CSS
- Some background in computer science and understand scripting
- Strong attention to detail
||San Francisco, CA 94117 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED