Aluminum Welder - Tooling SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Aluminum Welder - Tooling
Technicians and Trade Skills | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- This position will be responsible for welding assembly and fabrication on various aerospace structures.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- 5 to 10 years' of Structural Welding experience with large scale aluminum structures
- Must have experience working with steel and aluminum
- Strong understanding of AC and DC aluminum processes
- Proficient in blue print reading and lay out
- Proficient in Flux core, GTAW, GMAW
- Proficient in Plasma Cutting as well as Oxyacetylene cutting
- Experience in overhead cranes & Forklifts
- Must be a team player & hit the ground running
- Must be able to communicate clearly with team members
- Will be tested to AWS D1.1 & AWS D1.2 prior to hiring
- Must pass visual before being X-rayed
- Must be available to work 1st or 2nd shift hours and be available for overtime, as needed
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED