API Solution Engineer 3scale Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
3scale is leading a new wave of innovation in the API space with its unique approach and architecture for API Management. Our solution makes it blazing fast and stupidly simple for developers to securely expose and distribute internal or external APIs. 3scale is currently the fastest growing API Management solution provider with over 180 active customers ranging from Fortune 500 to SMBs and Startups. Our diverse portfolio includes companies such as Skype, FlightStats, Johnson Controls, Fliptop, Charity Navigator, Pagesjaunes.fr and FullContact.
Are you passionate about customers and cutting edge technologies? Are you looking for an exciting role that will allow you to make a difference at 3scale? 3scale is growing fast and looking for an API Solution Engineer.
Your role will be to ensure the success of our customers as they deploy their APIs with the help of the 3scale platform. You will proactively drive implementation projects covering a wide variety of API architectures for high-profile launches. You will operate on many levels in this challenging role: from high level architecture conceptualization, through coding implementation, together with project management, training and product support.
You will work closely with many colleagues in 3scale: commercial sales, technical pre-sales, and product engineering teams.
Education and Relevant Experience
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer or a similar role.
- Deep understanding of Web and API architecture
- Conversant in common Internet technologies and protocols (HTTP, SSL, OAuth, REST, JSON, XML, etc), understanding the pros and cons of each
- Experience in application coding, use of APIs/web services and associated tools.
- 2+ years of experience in a customer support or implementation consultant role.
- Deploying, troubleshooting and running applications on Amazon AWS infrastructure
- Understanding of SaaS, multi-tenant solutions as compared to on-premise software.
- Familiarity with NGINX, Varnish for caching and/or as reverse proxies
Goals & Responsibilities
- Be the expert on how to apply 3scale's product to enable customers to open, secure, distribute and monetize their APIs.
- Lead customer onboarding from signup all the way through successful implementation and ongoing maintenance of the API.
- Understand customer pain points and requirements, then design, recommend and implement solutions.
- Communicate effectively with a diverse customer audience, including CTOs, developers, designers, project managers, documentation specialists.
- Create solutions based on a wide variety of building blocks for example: 3scale's REST API, Nginx reverse proxy running on AWS with a custom config file, migrations scripts written in Ruby, dynamic developer portals using Liquid markup, CSS styles, and JQuery.
- Build a strong community of passionate customers
- Deliver reactive technical support
- Contribute to the knowledge base of support resources
Skills & Abilities
- Strong learner and capable of coming up to speed quickly on technologies.
- Strong organizational ability to balance numerous, reactive, interrupt-driven tasks with parallel, multi-week projects.
- Problem solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action to design solutions using 3scale.
- Dig in and be hands on in learning our product and services
- Experiment and explore how to solve problems and push the frontiers of what is technically possible.
- Excellent follow up
- Takes initiative
- Goal Oriented
- Excellent, confident communication and presentation skills
- Listening and Interpretive skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed. Expect around 10% of your role to involve travel to industry events.
||San Francisco, CA 94107 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED