API Solutions Architect - San Francisco MuleSoft
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
API Solution Architect - San Francisco
The API Solution Architect works with Sales/Solutions Consultants and the customer to help the customer design and build functional APIs to solve real-world integration situations. This individual must have the ability to provide technical leadership and ownership in large and complex environments and have a track record of designing and developing REST or SOAP APIs. The API Solution Architect works with customers to identify requirements and must have the technical and business skills and experience needed to design and develop API solutions that meet functional and performance requirements. The leadership skills include being able to define and communicate technical direction and the ability to make decisions that will ensure the successful implementation of MuleSoft technology. This may include scenarios where you are called into present how a diagnosis on the current state of a customer's API ( be it a web-service / SOAP or REST ) and recommending a future path forward, including technical implementation and architecture recommendations. Illustrative cases may entail the ability to bridge gaps and plan a migration from a SOAP to a REST API environment, and charting forth an implementation plan to enable the API to encompass REST principles, and executing if necessary. Another scenario may entail a greenfield REST API implementation, and architecting it to bind to legacy systems in a traditional enterprise environment.
MuleSoft maintains an extremely high level of satisfaction across our customer base. We also take great pride in our operational efficiency, and the effectiveness of the solutions we provide to our customers.
You possess the ability to explain technical issues as it relates specifically to APIs to a variety of audiences, including enterprise clients and experienced software developers/architects and comfortable stepping up to the white-board to explain concepts and outline API design and implementation architectures:
Below is a list of preferred requirements. Bear in mind that we always favor talent, energy, and a history of being a â€œtop performerâ€ over any specific skill set.
- You will design and possible even develop APIs - You will essentially be a â€œgo toâ€ resource in critical situations for both pre-sales and post-sale implementation driving customer satisfaction, as it relates to APIs
- You will articulate, design and implement REST design best practices and REST architectures in a legacy, or greenfield, environment.
- You want the opportunity to make an impact, and you are excited about the visibility your accomplishments will receive in a small, close-knit organization
- You will develop and delivers complex systems technical presentations and demonstrations building trust with the customer in MuleSoft's ability to meet the business requirements
- You will work closely with other internal functions and conduct product reviews with Engineering and Marketing and consult on future requirements
- You will design and conduct Services mentoring on advanced MuleSoft product concepts
- You will provide technical vision to prospects and customers
- Designs and conducts internal team mentoring and training on Best Practices associated with Design and Architecture
- You often discover ways to improve internal processes and increase efficiency, and are eager to contribute these ideas
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Recognized within the IT Industry as an expert across all disciplines in the Mulesoft portfolio
- You have also had extensive experience building legacy web services ( e.g., in a SOA environment ) and familiar with SOAP design principles.
- You have experience managing services in on a service in a SOA environment, including designing and executing business and technical policies ( e.g., security, access, throttling, rate limiting)
- BS/BA, 5+ yrs experience with demonstrated expertise in business and technical area
- 4-5 years experience providing technical solutions development for enterprise software or hosted high-tech services using JEE and/or JSE framework
- Integration product architecture experience is essential. Other integration vendors include IBM, BEA, Oracle, Tibco, Progress Sonic, etc. Knowledge of Open Source business and/or past contributions to open source projects is also favourable
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with developing, and consuming, REST APIs
- Experience with Tomcat, XML, JMS, WS* and SOA/Integration technologies
- Experience using the a JAVA IDE (Eclipse, Intelli J, Netbeans) is beneficial
- Experience profiling Java applications (including threading issues), examining thread dumps, etc. is ideal
- Strong CxO level writing and comprehension with the ability to apply technology solutions to real business requirements
- Worked across multiple verticals with demonstrated experience providing complex integration solutions
- Benefits package includes health care, dental, vision; life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, sick leave, and 401k.
MuleSoft provides the most widely used integration platform for connecting SaaS and enterprise applications in the cloud and on-premise. With the rise of cloud and mobile, enterprises face a choice: become overwhelmed by the resulting explosion of endpoints or seize the opportunity to gain competitive advantage. Founded on the idea that connecting applications should not be hard, MuleSoft helps organizations harness the power of their applications through integration. Supporting billions of transactions per day, MuleSoft is used in production by thousands of enterprises, including Walmart, MasterCard, Nokia, NestlÃ© and Honeywell, and powers integrations with leading SaaS vendors such as salesforce.com, NetSuite, Workday, Intuit and Box.
To all recruitment agencies: MuleSoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MuleSoft employees or any other company location. MuleSoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Investors: Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
, Lightspeed Venture Partners
, SAP Ventures All Jobs: at MuleSoft
|Headquarters:||30 Maiden Lane|
San Francisco, CA 94108
|Company Profile:||MuleSoft is an explosive growth, well-funded software startup. Our award-winning products have been downloaded over 1.5 million times, and more than 2,500 organizations are using them in production, including big-dog companies like Walmart.com, Nestle, Honeywell, DHL, as well as 5 of the world's top 10 banks. In 2009 we grew revenues 152 and quadrupled our product offering.
We are laser-focused on making life easier for developers and IT. Our products are built on Mule ESB and Apache Tomcat, open source projects that are being downloaded and used by millions of people worldwide. Today's developers are looking for simplicity and freedom from the bloated legacy Java "stacks" that were built over a decade ago. They need middleware that embraces today's web-centric approaches, including dynamic languages, mobile, and the cloud. This new lightweight approach is fundamentally changing the industry, and we are leading that movement -- we call it Web Middleware.
At MuleSoft, our singular mission is to build a great company with a brilliant team of colleagues. If you think you can make a huge difference and are ready to show us, we want to meet you.|
Support MuleSoft with Social Media services