Application Developer Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Workday seeks an Application Developer to design and develop newÂ enhancements to Payroll application functionality using agile development processes in its Pleasanton office.
- Work with state-of-the-art definitional OO development tools to build the next-generation of web-based business applications.
- Actively participate in the development and review of business and system requirements to obtain a thorough understanding of business needs in order to deliver accurate solutions.
- Create a product design including object model, use cases, etc. Implement the design in a purely definitional, object-oriented toolset.
- Perform adequate unit testing of your own and other developers' application development work. At a minimum, unit testing should ensure all requirements have been addressed, all basic functionality works, and errors are handled properly.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Workday's Xpresso toolset.
- Develop high quality software code in accordance with established company standards and development guidelines.
- Produce technical documentation that accurately and Â Â Â Â thoroughly depicts the software design and code base. The documentation Â Â Â Â needs to sufficiently assist QA testing and production support activities.Â Â Â
- Expeditiously troubleshoot application production issues that resolve the issues without introducing new production issues.
- Provide updates to the Application Development Manager and Project Managers on work in progress, work completed, work planned, and issues potentially impacting the on time completion or quality level of work.
- Work proactively and collaboratively with QA, Documentation, Product Support, and all development team members.
- Acquire expertise in Education and Government domain particularly budgeting and accounting requirements.
Masterâs degree in Computer Engineering. Experience in supporting Higher Education systems; accounting coursework and/or experience; strong knowledge of object-oriented (OO) analysis and design principles; knowledge or training developing software for performance; working knowledge of UML, C, C++, Java, HTML, PHP, SQL, XML.Â
Preferred but not required: Knowledge or coursework in Agile development methodology.
||Pleasanton, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services