Applications Engineer Protedyne
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED We have an immediate opening for an Applications Engineer in our Customer Care Department in Windsor, CT. This individual is responsible for manufacturing, installing, troubleshooting, repairing, performing qualification and validation services, and performing preventive maintenance for complex laboratory automation. May also be required to provide operator training and field upgrades as required. Candidate must be flexible to travel at a moments notice to perform repair services.
- Executes Factory Acceptance Testing of automation equipment at Protedynes manufacturing site in Windsor, CT.
- Installs automation instruments at customer sites and conducts Site Acceptance Tests.
- Conducts preventive maintenance on automation instruments at regular intervals.
- Conducts qualification and validation tests on automation instruments.
- Troubleshoots and repairs automation instruments.
- Provide remote technical support via e-mail and telephone for user-groups
- Assist user-groups in diagnosing application issues
- Provide detailed training for laboratory user-groups on use of automation systems.
- Provides emergency service and repairs as requested by customers.
- Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of assigned inventory.
- Communicates and documents customer feedback to Customer Care Manager.
- Provides high level of customer support in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
- Continuously improves knowledge and skills to increase proficiency on equipment.
- Routinely completes administrative paperwork, such as but not limited to: Time Reports, Expense Reports, Inventory Reports, Equipment Checklists, Field Service Reports.
- May require weekend and/or after hours work.
- Perform other assigned duties as required.
- A.S. or B.S. degree in a technical field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Computer literacy required (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of various troubleshooting/analysis tools. Proficient use of diagnostic instrumentation and equipment such as DVMs, Oscilloscopes, Micrometers, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years related field service experience with complex automation systems.
- Previous Field Service experience in medical or laboratory automation is a plus.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and customer satisfaction skills.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical systems.
- Must possess excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills and demonstrate the ability to make sound judgments in the field.
- Ability to accurately diagnose issues as described over the phone by customers. Ability to triage calls and develop a best practices solution to keep systems in production.
- Ability to instruct customers in system operation and maintenance.
- The ability to maintain professional demeanor and sense of humor in demanding situations at customer sites.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy items (minimum 50lbs) regularly such as inventory, tools, and instrumentation.
- 40 travel required. Must arrive on-site within 24 hours if initial incident is not resolved
- Weekend and/or after hours support as part of a 24/7 operation.
- Must participate in a rotating On Call 24/7 telephone support operation.
||1000 Day Hill Road |
Windsor, CT 06095
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED