Applied Exercise Science and Conditioning Intern Valencell
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Company information
Valencell is a Raleigh-based start-up company that develops novel, noninvasive health and fitness monitoring technologies for next-generation consumer electronic and medical products.
The devices are being worn by athletes and recreational sporting enthusiast. Future applications will involve expanding the range of biological monitoring for clinical parameters as well as expanding into true clinical applications.
The position centers around fitness, clinical trials, and technology. The individual will assist the development of non-invasive mobile health and fitness monitoring technology. Activities will primarily involve executing exercise trials for validation, reliability, fitness programming tasks.
Required education and skills
- Senior or Junior undergraduate status or graduate student majoring in exercise science
- Understanding with exercise testing and prescription principles as outlined by ACSM and NSCA
- Strong communication skills
- Fast learner - this internship will require a large variety of analytic tasks
- Self-starter - this internship requires taking the initiative to learn new things
Desired knowledge and experience
- Experience with aerobic and anaerobic conditioning programs
- Familiarity with exercise technology including smart phone applications, fitness software, heart rate, GPS, and/or power monitors
- Ability to organize data utilizing spreadsheet and/or database software
- Understanding of indirect calorimetry
- Familiarity with quantification of training load for exercise sessions
Type: Intern/Part time
Start date: August 2013
Compensation: This is a paid position with up to 30 hours of work per week
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Investors: Best Buy Capital
, Telecommunications Development Fund
, True Ventures All Jobs: at Valencell
|Headquarters:||2800-154 Sumner Blvd|
|Company Profile:||Valencell develops wearable physiological monitoring technology and licenses this technology to industry partners for seamless integration with brand-name products already used by tens of millions of consumers each day while exercising or going about daily activities. Some of the company's first commercialized technology will be found in sports audio headsets.
With over 25 patents and patents pending, Valencell's PerformTek sensor technology measures continuous, real-time biometric and physiological data under virtually any environmental condition and can be streamed to any device, including computers, mobile devices, and smartphones. Seamless integration with PeformTek Precision Biometrics provides meaningful, actionable, and personalized health and fitness data ideal for use in fitness training, athletic performance coaching, and many other applications.|
Support Valencell with Social Media services