Applied Exercise Science and Conditioning Intern Valencell
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Company information
Valencell is a Raleigh-based start-up company that develops novel, noninvasive health and fitness monitoring technologies for next-generation consumer electronic and medical products.
The devices are being worn by athletes and recreational sporting enthusiast. Future applications will involve expanding the range of biological monitoring for clinical parameters as well as expanding into true clinical applications.
The position centers around fitness, clinical trials, and technology. The individual will assist the development of non-invasive mobile health and fitness monitoring technology. Activities will primarily involve executing exercise trials for validation, reliability, fitness programming tasks.
Required education and skills
- Senior or Junior undergraduate status or graduate student majoring in exercise science
- Understanding with exercise testing and prescription principles as outlined by ACSM and NSCA
- Strong communication skills
- Fast learner - this internship will require a large variety of analytic tasks
- Self-starter - this internship requires taking the initiative to learn new things
Desired knowledge and experience
- Experience with aerobic and anaerobic conditioning programs
- Familiarity with exercise technology including smart phone applications, fitness software, heart rate, GPS, and/or power monitors
- Ability to organize data utilizing spreadsheet and/or database software
- Understanding of indirect calorimetry
- Familiarity with quantification of training load for exercise sessions
Type: Intern/Part time
Start date: August 2013
Compensation: This is a paid position with up to 30 hours of work per week
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
5 - 20M RaisedInvestors: Best Buy Capital
, Telecommunications Development Fund
, True Ventures
, WSJ Joshua Fund All Jobs: at Valencell
|Headquarters:||2800-154 Sumner Blvd|
|Company Profile:||Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, Valencell is the brains behind the wearable sensor technology boom. The company's core technology, PerformTek Precision Biometrics, embeds within existing consumer devices that people already wear (such as audio headsets, armbands, and wristbands) and accurately measures vital signs and fitness metrics during virtually any activity.
With over 40 patents and patents pending, Valencell's sensor designs, firmware and software are licensed to a growing list of consumer brands such as LG, Intel, iriver, Scosche, Blaupunkt and more.
Founded and managed by esteemed scientists and engineers from industry, Valencell has attracted unusual attention and momentum with PerformTek's technical superiority in promoting healthy lifestyles through personal awareness. Visit www.valencell.com
Support Valencell with Social Media services