Art Director Gemvara
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The Role: Art/Design Director
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Gemvara's mission is to revolutionize how fine jewelry is discovered, designed and crafted. We are disrupting a centuries-old market with new approaches to production, technology, and user experience. We are committed to upscaling the brand across image, copy, tone and experience. As an influential member of our in-house team you will craft visual langauge and customer experience across the full customer journey and consumer touchpoints. You will oversee a team of designers and work closely with our Copy, Merchandising, Marketing and Technical teams to generate solutions that will drive our ever evolving user experience.
The ideal candidate:
- You have an acute creative eye, a keen sense of style, and a passion for beautiful / simple interface design.
- You have aesthetic perspective and are open to share and advocate for it.
- You work fast and believe in the build, test, learn cycle.
- You are customer centric and tenacious, unyielding in your desire to make the experience better.
- You are curious, questioning the status quo and challenging convention when it exists only for convention's sake.
- You are flexible, willing to move at the pace of a startup and flow with the changes in business priorities.
- You are open to take and give direct and honest feedback.
We are looking for an Art Director who is passionate about creating experiences that delight people and motivate them to action. As an Art Director, you will:
- Design front end and customer facing experiences in a modern brand architecture
- Oversee the brand image as we roll it out across all channels and collateral
- Integrate core user personas into your decision making
- Create wireframes and flows to detail solutions when necessary
- Participate in user research & testing
- Validate implementation and monitor effectiveness
- You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, and copywriters committed to developing a fun and meaningful shopping experience.
What You'll Do:
- Bring strong creative, conceptual and problem-solving skills to translate conceptual ideas (business needs and user goals) into branded interaction and design solutions
- Assess data from multiple sources (product requirements, tech constraints, UX research, web analytics, as well as cultural, fashion, jewelry, editorial, retail, and competitor insights--) and synthesize it in order to develop efficient user scenarios, navigation systems, design patterns, etc.
- Recommend new features and campaign messaging that can drive the business forward.
- Roll up your sleeves and craft comps and prototypes
mentor a team of designers to understand and execute your vision.
- Work with our agency partners to ensure we are delivering top notch creative.
- Compare, contrast, and prioritize among alternative approaches to meet design objectives; advocate for solutions to design problems that optimize among customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities
- Create and effectively present design deliverables (comps, prototypes, wireframes, workflows, etc.) to explain and negotiate design solutions with key stakeholders
- Seamlessly integrate into a creative environment marked by innovation and experimentation
Skills You'll Need to be Successful:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5-7 years of experience in designing web and mobile applications, desktop software, and/or highly interactive websites; responsive design experience is highly desired
- A keen creative eye and a passion for interface design and uncompromising user experiences
- Strong knowledge of design for web and mobile, information architecture, interaction design, and usability principles and techniques
- Experience building brands and branded customer journeys.
- Ability to work independently or collaborate with individuals or large groups
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of human behavior triggers and how to leverage them to compel someone to invest financially, mentally, and emotionally with a brand
- A master at managing multiple projects simultaneously with graceful efficiency to ensure that projects deliver on brand, on strategy, on time, and on budget
- Consumer and/or luxury brand experience
- HTML/CSS, visual design, user research, or content strategy skills are a plus
We are willing to relocate the ideal candidate.
Please include a link to your portfolio when applying.
If this seems like a fit, we'd love to get to know you! Please apply via our careers page at www.gemvara.com/careers.
||New York, NY |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Investors: Canaan Partners
, Highland Capital Partners All Jobs: at Gemvara
|Headquarters:||1 Financial Center|
Boston, MA 02111
|Industry:||Retailing / Distribution|
|Company Profile:||Gemvara's mission is to revolutionize how fine jewelry is discovered, designed and crafted. We are disrupting a centuries old market with new approaches to production, technology and user experience. At Gemvara you will be part of a close-knit team that is passionate about changing the face of e-commerce. You will be surrounded by innovative people who truly believe in the company and in one another. At Gemvara, your ideas will be recognized, your intelligence will be applied, and if you work hard, your opportunities to succeed will be endless. Gemvara has an amazing benefits package and our culture is top-notch - we work hard, but we play hard too.|
Support Gemvara with Social Media services