AS9100 Quality Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
AS9100 Quality Engineer
Quality Assurance | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology problems seen in any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Quality Assurance - SpaceX has a strong belief that launch vehicles and spacecraft can be both cost effective and highly reliable. Our Quality team is key to our pursuit of that goal and more specifically also our pursuit of manned spaceflight. The department works in a cross-functional fashion with all other technical teams on a variety of exciting projects, and has great exposure to leadership and the organization as a whole.
Works with Quality Management to continually improve the quality management system and verifies compliance to AS9100 and prescribed procedures. Plans, schedules and performs quality system audits. Measures and analyzes audit and QMS data and leads continual improvement initiatives.
- Plans, coordinates and maintains internal process audit schedules in accordance AS9100 Quality Management System standards and SpaceX procedures
- Utilizes preventive / corrective action process to drive continual improvement of the quality management system
- Measures and monitors quality management system data and reports to management on Quality System compliance status and improvement initiatives
- Initiates change request of quality management system policy and procedures and leads implementation efforts
- Bachelor degree in Engineering Science, a related field or equivelant
- Minimum 5 years experience auditing to AS9100 Quality Management Systems standard is desired
- Thorough Knowledge of the AS/ISO family of standards especially AS9100C
- Strong technical writing skills, ability to communicate effectively with management and departments, and fundamental problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with a strong work ethic, be innovative, detail oriented, possess initiative, be positive, and be people oriented.
- Proficient with Word, PowerPoint and Excel. A demonstrated comfort with personal computers and willingness to learn specific software applications
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- ASQ- CQA â€"RAB certified lead auditor or training is desired
- ASQ Quality certifications are a plus
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED