ASC Certified Coder - Revenue Cycle Solutions Source Medical Solutions
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description
Recently ranked by Healthcare Informatics as one of the Top 100 Healthcare IT companies, SourceMedical provides outpatient information solutions and services for ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and rehabilitation clinics nationwide.
With a 20-year track record and more than 5,000 satisfied customers, SourceMedical is the trusted source for innovative applications, in-depth industry expertise and unsurpassed customer service. The company?s unique, end-to-end systems improve operational efficiency and cash flow while enabling healthcare facilities to capture, analyze and exchange data to deliver a higher standard of patient care. Check out our website at http://sourcemed.net/ to learn more about us.
SourceMedical is currently seeking a Certified Coder for it's Ft. Myers office.
Summary of Position:
Obtain operative reports, code procedures, obtain necessary invoices for implants, and keep up to date on all reimbursement changes
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Obtains operative reports
2. Obtains implant invoices, pathology reports as applicable.
3. Supports the importance of accurate, complete, and consistent coding practices for the production of quality healthcare data.
4. Adheres to the ICD-9-CM (International Classification of Diseases, 9th revision, Clinical Modification) coding conventions, official coding guidelines approved by the Cooperating Parties, the CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) rules established by the American Medical Association, and any other official coding rules and guidelines established for use with mandated standard code sets. Selection and sequencing of diagnoses and procedures must meet the definitions of required data sets for ambulatory surgery centers. Utilizes up-to-date versions of CPT and ICD-9 resources and remains current on changes in coding and billing standards.
5. Uses skills and knowledge of the currently mandated coding and classification systems, and official resources to select the appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes.
6. Assigns and reports codes that are clearly and consistently supported by documentation in the health record.
7. Consults physicians for clarification and additional documentation prior to code assignment when there is conflicting or ambiguous data in the health record.
8. Strivers for the optimal payment to which the facility is legally entitled, remembering that it is unethical and illegal to maximize payment by means that contradict regulatory guidelines.
9. Does not change codes or the narratives of codes on the billing abstract so that the meanings are misrepresented. Diagnoses or procedures will not be inappropriately included or excluded because the payment or insurance policy coverage requirements will be affected. When individual payer policies conflict with official coding rules and guidelines, these policies will be obtained in writing whenever possible. Reasonable efforts will be made to educate the payer on proper coding practices in order to influence a change in the payer's policy.
10. Assists and educates physicians and other clinicians by advocating proper documentation practices, further specificity, re-sequencing or inclusion of diagnoses or procedures when needed to more accurately reflect the acuity, severity and the occurrence of events.
11. Maintains and continually enhances coding skills, to stay abreast of changes in codes, coding guidelines, and regulations.
12. Codes a minimum of 32 cases on a daily basis within 24-48 hours after receipt of physician?s dictated operative report and provides the coded information to the biller.
13. Checks diagnosis coding to determine correct relativity and specificity to procedures performed/coded.
14. Assures accurate operative reports by checking spelling, noting omissions and errors and returning to transcriptionist for correction.
15. Completes a coding form on all scheduled patients and retains with a copy of the operative report in a dated file.
16. Codes all third party carriers and self pay cases equitably for patient services and supplies provided.
17. Adheres to OIG guidelines which include:
a. Bill only for services or supplies provided to the patient in the facility.
b. Diagnosis coding must be accurate and carried to highest level of specificity.
c. Claim forms will not be altered to obtain a higher payment amount.
d. All coding will reflect accurately the services provided, dates of service(s), identity of person receiving services, and checked for the possibility of ?unbundling?, ?up-coding? or downcoding.
18. May be involved in any denials of claims for coding issues, i.e., unbundling, medical necessity, coding errors, etc as determined by management.
19. Ensures the Coding Site Specifics are updated as needed for each center assigned.
20. Identifies and tracks all cases that are not able to be billed due to lacking information such as operative notes, path reports, supply information etc. On a weekly basis provides a documented request to the center requesting the needed information.
21. Responsible for properly performing month end tasks within the established timeframe including running month end reports for each center assigned and tracking of cases that are not yet billed for the month.
22. Other duties as assigned
--High school graduate or GED certification
--Current coding or medical records certification from a nationally recognized organization
--Extensive Medical Terminology required
--Surgical or ASC coding experience preferred
--Knowledge of computers and Windows-driven software
--Excellent command of written and spoken English
--Cooperative work attitude toward and with co-employees, management, patients, outside contacts
--Ability to promote favorable company image with patients, insurance companies, and general public
--Ability to solve problems associated with assigned tasks
SourceMedical offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and an opportunity for growth in an emerging company.
||Fort Myers, FL |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED