Assessor / Lead Auditor Bartlett Nuclear, Inc.
Site : Shearon Harris Nuclear Power Plant
Location : New Hill NC US 27562
Education : Bachelors
Skill : Computer Programs -> Microsoft Word
Category : Professional
Job Description :
Job Description: Contractor position for Nuclear Oversight (NOS) Major Project (MP) Assessor/Lead Auditor position The Nuclear Oversight Section (NOS) Auditor position will be responsible for conducting nuclear oversight activities of on-going approved projects. The observations will cover engineering activities, project management activities throughout the life cycle of the project, scheduling, work package development, construction and field activities. The observations will be generated in accordance with NOS procedures.
The NOS Auditor Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1) Be knowledgeable in Duke Energy?s use and application of 10 CFR 50, Appendix B, 10 CFR 71 Quality Assurance, 10 CFR Part 73, and applicable QA Codes and Standards (ANSI standards and associated Regulatory Guides).
2) Be knowledgeable with the Duke Energy?s QA Program Manual, NOS procedures, and fleet Project Management procedures and processes.
3) Be knowledgeable of the INPO Performance Objectives and Criteria (INPO 12-013).
4) Provide oversight of the Major Projects Organization and ongoing projects by attending meetings, meeting with Project Management and Project staff, observing field activities and other related activities.
5) Conduct NOS activities in accordance with the Fleet NOS procedures.
6) Provide oversight of major projects functional area.
7) Perform routine observations.
8) May require wearing protective clothing, TLD and wearing fall protection harness at times
9) Interface with functional area personnel to ensure effective communication of NOS observations and insights of performance in that area.
10) Participate on assessments/audits.
11) Assist NOS management in the preparation, conduct, and reporting of observation and adverse trends identified as a result of NOS observation roll-up activities associated with the Major Projects Organization.
12) Perform follow-up of assigned Areas for Improvement (AFI) or Findings. 13) Assure individual qualifications are maintained accurate and up-to-date. 14) Perform self-evaluation activities as assigned in accordance with the appropriate Corrective Action procedure.
15) Conduct observations and observation de-briefs in a professional manner.
16) Debrief observations and roll-up report information with the Corporate NOS Major Projects and Site NOS organization.
17) Individual candidate must have MS word capabilities and good technical writing skills.
18) It is desired that the individual candidate have high standards in writing AFIs, Findings, and NOS reports, emphasizing fact-based clarity, basic grammar, spelling, and correct word usage.
19) As part of development, the assigned individual may be expected to become qualified as a Lead Auditor under the Duke Energy procedures.
Microsoft word capabilities and good technical writing skills Ability to be independent from the line organization and make critical observations of performance behaviors Able to wear protective clothing, TLD and wear fall protection harness as required to observe work Preferred Skills: Lead Auditor qualification, project management experience Required certification/degree: High School Preferred certification/degree: College graduate
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
||New Hill, NC |