Assistant Controller Source Medical Solutions
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description
Recently ranked by Healthcare Informatics as one of the Top 100 Healthcare IT companies, SourceMedical provides outpatient information solutions and services for ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and rehabilitation clinics nationwide.
With a 20-year track record and more than 6,000 satisfied customers, SourceMedical is the trusted source for innovative applications, in-depth industry expertise and unsurpassed customer service. The company?s unique, end-to-end systems improve operational efficiency and cash flow while enabling healthcare facilities to capture, analyze and exchange data to deliver a higher standard of patient care. Check out our website at http://sourcemed.net/ to learn more about us.
SourceMedical is currently seeking an Assistant Controller for its location in Birmingham, AL.
Summary of Position
The Assistant Controller supports the Controller in managing accounting procedures and processes and reporting of financial information. This individual is also responsible for providing counsel to operations relative to day-to-day financial matters and performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by Management.
The Assistant Controller is also responsible for overseeing or managing all the accounting functions which includes transactional accounting functions such as invoicing, payroll processing, accounts payable processing as well as responsibility for the general ledger, account reconciliations, asset management and accounts receivable reporting and collections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in directing and supervising the preparation and transmission of accounting information such as sales, accounts payable data, accruals, assets and inventories.
2. Supervises maintenance of internal accounting records and the preparation of accurate and timely management and corporate reports.
3. Assists in overseeing and coordinating work flow within the accounting department.
4. Trains accounting office staff in all areas of accounting standards and corporate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all corporate accounting standards.
5. May interview, hire, review, direct, discipline, and recommend changes in status of all assigned accounting personnel.
6. Process, code and account for all vendor payments within established terms.
7. Ensure all accounts receivable balances are collected on a timely basis.
8. Management and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts and supporting sub-ledgers.
9. Timely completion of all account reconciliations.
10. Asset Management including software, computers, office equipment etc?
11. Work closely with Finance Manager to ensure all divisional expenses are optimized in accordance with the company?s goals and objectives and budget.
12. Complete financial statement close by 7th business day.
13. Assist in the monthly, quarterly and annual closing responsibilities.
14. Perform special projects and analyses and other related duties as needed by the Controller and Senior Management.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
--Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; CPA and a minimum of 5 years accounting related experience. Experience in software operations a plus.
--Requires a minimum of 3 ? 5 years management experience
--Requires strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills
--Requires an advanced working knowledge of Excel
--Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with individuals
--A team player that exemplifies Source Medical Solutions? Values and Commitments.
--Experience using Microsoft Great Plains or similar dynamics database/accounting systems a plus
--Rare travel may be requested
SourceMedical offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and an opportunity for growth in an emerging company.
||100 Grandview Place |
Birmingham, AL 35243
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED