Assistant General Counsel
Legal | London, UK, United Kingdom
AvePoint is a global technology company and proven software leader. Since its founding in 2001, AvePoint provides enterprise-class governance and infrastructure management solutions for Microsoft SharePoint. Propelled by its SharePoint-exclusive research & development team, AvePoint helps more than 10,000 customers â€" including many Fortune 500 companies and government agencies â€" meet their specific business objectives utilizing SharePoint. AvePoint, Inc. is headquartered and maintains its principal operational center in Jersey City, NJ, with wholly owned operational centers in the USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Japan, Singapore, and China. AvePoint is a Microsoft Gold Certified Portals and Collaboration Partner and Gold Certified ISV Partner as well as a US Government GSA provider via strategic partnerships.
The legal function provides AvePoint with world-class legal services that help AvePoint grow and achieve its business goals. The Assistant General Counsel is responsible for providing advice and services that are strategic, timely, proactive, practical, cost-effective, and meet the highest legal, ethical, and professional standards.
The Assistant General Counsel will have responsibility for overseeing all of AvePoint's legal operations in the Europe, Middle East and Africa ('EMEA') region. This person is required to be located in either AvePoint's UK or German office, sitting in the center of either London or Munich, respectively, and will report directly to AvePoint's General Counsel located in the United States.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and negotiate AvePoint's software related contracts with third parties, to include software licensing agreements, software maintenance agreements, value-added reseller and distributor agreements, consulting agreements, OEM agreements, demonstration agreements, vendor agreements, hosting agreements, supply agreements and employee agreements
- Coordinate with outside legal counsel in various subject matters. Ensure the cost-effective use of outside counsel, through the use of preferred providers, technology, alternative fee arrangements
- Oversee litigation matters for the EMEA region and consult with AvePoint's General Counsel on all material legal matters. Provide legal counsel on issues arising from actual or anticipated lawsuits. Anticipate and guard against legal risks facing AvePoint
- Coordinate with management, as appropriate, to ensure any and all contractual matter are handled in a timely, efficient, and cost-effect manner and to ensure that processes and procedures will be developed and applied consistently. Assist with contractual and IP due diligence efforts
- Increase awareness among AvePoint personnel, of the need for and methods of protecting AvePoint's IP rights and respecting the IP rights of others. Performing miscellaneous IP-related matters arising on a day-to-day basis
- Serve as a trusted advisor and business partner by providing counsel and guidance for the accomplishment of overall business objectives of AvePoint, such as fostering a culture of innovation, while ensuring full compliance with applicable laws and regulations and avoiding unacceptable risks. Develop a thorough understanding of and familiarity with AvePoint's business, its people, products, technology, markets, facilities, customers and competitors to identify trends and formulate strategies accordingly. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 3-6 years of substantial experience practicing corporate law and technology transactions law focused in the software industry
- Experience in software licensing transactions, software maintenance transactions and general commercial contracts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; acute attention to detail; excellent analytical abilities
- Fluency in both English and German, French language skills are a plus
- Business acumen, including a well-developed understanding of business and commerce and the ability to diagnose and negotiate corporate legal issues and present positive, creative solutions and alternatives
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and flexibility, and the ability to interface effectively and engender trust and confidence with personnel at many different levels throughout AvePoint
- Enthusiasm and 'self-starter' qualities enabling him or her to manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency; the ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience with employment law is helpful
- In-house experience as well as law firm experience preferred
- Law degree from a reputable law school
- License to practice law in Germany or England
What we offer:
- An amazing opportunity with a dynamic, growing company: the Assistant General Counsel will be responsible for the entire EMEA region and will have great influence on the establishment of the legal direction of AvePoint in EMEA (setting up internal and external legal policies and procedures, providing advice, support and representation of our company to many of the largest corporations in the World)
- A positive working atmosphere in a motivated, collaborative team
- 30 days of paid leave per year
- Annual discretionary bonus and company car
Please submit your cover letter and CV in English to Human Resources, at
<< Back to Current Openings