Production Assistant Manager Manufacturing Paint Centers
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
The Production Assistant Manager will report to the Manager of the Paint & Plastic Paint Center and will be responsible for meeting the production forecast, Quality, Safety and driving continuous improvement through the manufacturing process. The Production Assistant Manager provides hands-on support, leadership, and direction to the manufacturing Supervisors and associated teams. The ideal candidate strives to create an environment that is both productive and open communication. Strives to foster a collaborative environment that is exciting and fun.
Drive manufacturing team to achieve established targets for the Center: (FTT) First time, Efficiency %, Safety Matrix, Quality targets and Daily Production Plan.
- Maintain high product quality and manufacturing yield while ensuring optimal use of resources and adherences to best safety practices.
- Hire, coach, lead and develop approximately 100 - 200 hourly production team members and 6 - 10 to direct reports (Production Supervisor). Conduct team member training.
- Monitor metrics and Key Performance Indicator's (KPI's) to assess productivity and cost management.
- Help with implementation of and continued adherence to Lean manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
- Assess and analyze current practices and drive improves.
- Partner and Coordinate with Engineering, Materials, Maintenance, and other internal departments to resolve issues and concerns.
- Enforce proper material management procedures.
- Support and collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Test and Quality departments.
- Lead by example of positive reinforcement and make Tesla a World Class Manufacturing Automotive company.
- Internal Candidate with over 6 Months of Supervisor experience in Paint Manufacturing
- Needs 10 years Hands-on experience in Paint
- The ideal candidate is analytical, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to pro-actively communicate with all employees and works well in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment.
- Experience with process improvement methodologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Committed to continuous improvement.
- Well organized.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage competing demands and meet tight deadlines with strong follow through.
- Good understanding of mechanical and standardized processes.
- Ability to use problem solving methods and techniques to successfully and efficiently resolve problems.
- Ability to foster a close working relationship with team members and management.
- 10 years related manufacturing experience, 3 years supervisory/management experience
- High-level leadership and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of urgency and drive to succeed.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Strong Budget management required.
- Willing to work 1st or 2nd shift, requires 10 -12 hour shifts daily.
The position of Production Assistant Manager is a full-time employment opportunity. A competitive benefits package is available.