Assistant Supervisor, Product Finishing (2nd shift) Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: Management of the day-to-day operations of the Product Finishing, including the supervision of staff.
1. Oversee the processing of orders so that products are produced accurately and on time in accordance with departmental standards and procedures.
2. Staff Supervision - Assist with developing and maintaining the department career ladder and employee job descriptions. Assist with interviewing and hiring new employees. Give employee performance reviews. Participate in providing employee recognition. Help coordinate the staffing needs of the department according to workload. Review and approve staff timesheets and time off.
3. Product Quality - Understand and comply with all aspects of the Promega quality system. Assure compliance to ISO and cGMP standards and other applicable quality system requirements. Occasionally represent the department on quality issues.
4. Training - Responsible for assuring that employees stay up to date on all ISO and cGMP requirements and that their ISO and cGMP documentation remains current. Provide on-going training of the staff so that they may correctly complete their daily activities.
5. Strategic Planning - Help employees understand how the department's goals and their daily activities relate to the company's goals. Help Supervisor develop departmental planning to meet corporate objectives.
6. Productivity - Assure that the staff is following departmental processes. Give input and initiate department process improvements. Complete the monthly activity reports and update the department?s metrics.
7. Communication - Keep the department updated on all events that impact them. Promote positive communication within and outside the department. Assist in resolving conflicts and communication problems among employees. Promote teamwork within and outside the department.
8. Safety and Housekeeping - Monitor and manage compliance to safety and housekeeping guidelines and regulations. Resolve unsafe acts and conditions.
9. Inventory Control - Assure that adequate supplies and materials are available for departmental operations, by working with Materials Management.
10. Project Management - Participate and lead departmental projects. Participate in projects encompassing multiple areas of the company.
11. Process Improvements - Assist in analyzing, designing, developing, testing, documenting, and implementing new and existing processes for the Product Finishing area.
12. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Provide support to management for special projects or duties.
2. Assist in coordinating the department?s year-end physical inventory.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Three years experience in manufacturing or distribution operations.
3. Strong oral and written communication skills. This individual will be working with various departments within the company. This person must be able to listen effectively and communicate problems and issues in a clear, concise and diplomatic manner.
4. Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
5. Ability to work effectively with a broad range of departments.
1. Ability to effectively prioritize work assignments.
2. Attention to detail.
3. Ability to maintain a productive working atmosphere.
1. Ability to observe and inspect equipment and operations for proper operation and compliance to safety and housekeeping standards.
2. Ability to work around automated equipment.
3. Ability to move objects averaging 10 pounds, but up to 50 pounds daily.
4. Physical ability to move easily and constantly during the day.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED