Associate Data Scientist ($1,000 referral bonus) PatientsLikeMe
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Description
PatientsLikeMe is embarking on an exciting stage of development to expand our award-winning team. We believe that "to measure is to know", and therefore all segments of our company strive to be data-driven.
The data science team responds to our company?s rapid-paced need for data and analysis. We work at both a strategic and a tactical level, defining and solving analytical problems for the entire organization and our clients.
As an associate data scientist, you will contribute to this effort broadly. The specific areas you will work on initially are
- Responding to ad hoc requests for data and/or summary statistics from our platform, working toward become an expert on all aspects of our data
- Managing and expanding our ?query library? of common data requests
- Adapting current data transfer protocols to the needs of future clients
As a company, we believe in getting people to work on what they enjoy and are good at (which is usually the same thing), so the above responsibilities will expand and change, based on our needs and your capabilities and interests.
- You have at least a Bachelor?s degree (Master?s or higher preferred), probably in a technical subject.
- You are a SQL guru (PostgreSQL preferred). You are well beyond basic SELECT statements and trivial JOINs. You have demonstrated experience in working with complex data.
- You have solid experience with at least one general-purpose programming language (e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl).
- Preferably, you are comfortable with at least one numerical/statistical software package (e.g. R, MATLAB, SAS, SPSS).
- You don?t dismiss small mismatches between numbers. That would really irk you until you understand and resolve the discrepancy.
- You are hyper-organized.
We put patients first in everything we do, and you will, too. You should become very familiar with our work and our vision before applying; check out our web site to get a feel for the data our patients share. Send us a resume and cover letter to email@example.com highlighting your best work and what you can bring to the data science team and PatientsLikeMe.
||222 Third Street |
Cambridge, MA 02142
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED