Associate Engineer - 12V Harness
Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. In Q1 of 2013 Tesla has delivered more than 10,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Tesla's Model S is the world's first premium sedan designed and engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Automobile Magazine's 2013 Automobile of the YearÂ® and Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the YearÂ®.
- We are looking for a highly motivated engineering associate to support the 12 volt Harness Engineering team on all design projects. The Engineering Associate will help the Engineering Team to set up and maintain engineering and component databases, design tools, project schedules, task completion status and reporting.
- Highly organized and confident in ability to manage projects within set deadlines, as well as assisting in the administration and smooth operation of the 12 v engineering team, as well as on-going cooperation with other departments and a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Data entry and maintenance of 12 v harness components in Mentor Graphics Library
- Support to the engineering team with parts research and supplier identification and selection, samples, price comparison
- Coordinate entering and maintaining part number, ECN and BOM information in ENOVIA and MES
- Project scheduling, tracking and reporting
- Administrative coordination and communication with wire harness suppliers
- Coordination of shipment, delivery and inventory location for prototypes, pre-production and test articles
- Job responsibilities would grow and change as the team tackles new projects, tools and processes.
- Associates Degree in Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in engineering administration support, with CAD tools,
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Skills and experience in data entry, MS Office software, ENOVIA
- Able to learn administrative aspects of Mentor Graphics Capital Library and CATIA
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Location:||Deer Creek, MN |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|