As a Data Center Associate Manger, you are the primary point of contact for our key data centers on the West, East Coast and Canada. Although the position will be based in Nashville, TN, you will be applying your expertise across multiple sites and facilities.
You are responsible for inventory management for servers, network switches, and routers, and collaborate with various teams in the physical management and upkeep of all equipment/hardware, and environmental monitoring.
You are able to troubleshoot and solve all but the most complex physical infrastructure issues. You create and maintain documentation on our data centers, physical racks, technologies you support and are able to convey SOPs to the other data center techs across the globe.
You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You know how to innovate and make decisions on your own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved.
You know how to manage structured cabling and can design clean and functional rack layouts. You have extensive experience with installation of server cabinets, 4-post racks, custom build collocation cages. You also know how to install DC infrastructure that includes PDUs, ladder racks, fiber runner guide, patch panels, etc.
You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects. You act as an escalation point for junior technicians. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support.
Ideal candidates need to be familiar with the following:
* IT Hardware Concepts:
o x86 Architecture
* Linux/Unix Administration:
o Boot Process
o File Systems
* Copper/Fiber Optic Testing/Cabling Standards
* The position has a physical component requiring the ability to lift up to 75 lbs and may require working in cramped spaces or elevated locations.
* Active Newtork's Data Centers are 24x7 environments. All interested candidates must be willing to work rotating shifts (day/night) as well as weekends. Data Center Technicians are also required to wear a pager for communication, information, emergency, and on-call situations.
* All candidates must possess a valid driver's license, their own vehicle. Travel between sites/locations during the workday may occur. Must be able to travel outside of the US.
* Hands-on experience with one or more of the follow hardware platforms (e.g. Dell, HP) is a plus.
* Networking experience with CCNA and/or Network+ certifications is a plus.
* Previous experience working in a Data Center environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, hot & cold aisle containment).
Associate's degree in IT-related field plus two years of progressively
responsible experience preferred
|Location:||Nashville, TN |
|Headquarters:||10182 Telesis Court|
San Diego, CA 92121
|Industry:||Business Products and Services|