About Tesla Motors:
Tesla Motors is an aggressive young company in the San Francisco Bay Area. We design and manufacture the advanced electric vehicles, battery packs, and drive systems that are changing the future of transportation. We are building technically strong, fast-moving teams that pride themselves on superior execution.
Associate Manufacturing Engineer â€"Drive Unit
Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering
Tesla is looking for a highly motivated Senior Controls Engineer to develop new automation equipment and assembly lines for our cutting edge EV Drive Units (Rotor, Stator, Motor, Gearbox and Inverter assembly).
Tesla Drive Units are critical parts of Tesla electric Drivetrains and at the heart of our company Powertrain business. This is an exciting opportunity to build a world class manufacturing facility right here in the Bay Area. Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on a critical subsystem of incredibly exciting products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
In addition to developing automation equipment and processes, the Manufacturing Engineer works with cross-functional teams throughout the entire lifecycle of the product. He/She works closely with Design Engineering, Quality and Production to take the Drivetrain components from initial design through prototype development and into full production.
Equipment Development and Implementation
- Develop process sequence and design workstations.
- In-house development of manufacturing equipment and fixtures to support early stage prototype builds
- Design and realization of manufacturing automation equipment and fixtures for medium and high volume production
- Management of suppliers during specification, design, buyoff and installation of manufacturing equipment
- Characterization and validation of new equipment and fixtures for introduction to the production floor
Process Development and Implementation
- Development of new manufacturing processes
- Creation of detailed Manufacturing Instructions to support new processes and equipment
- Layout of production workstations and assembly lines for product flow, ergonomics and efficiency. Lines designed for scalability, continuous quality and productivity improvements
- Specification of hand tools for assembly tasks
- Performance of process analysis including PFMEA and capacity modeling
- Implementation of product traceability and shop floor tracking
The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. He/She appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. He/She looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job.
Skills and Experience:
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|