Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
The Retail Field Support Systems Administrator ensures smooth and consistent Retail IT systems operations at Tesla's Deer Creek headquarters, as well as all field based sales and service centers. This role requires strong technical knowledge at both the desktop and server levels. A successful candidate will seamlessly blend technical experience, exceptional interpersonal communication skills, and a commitment to drive issues to conclusion. Frequent travel to Tesla's field sites is expected.
- Provide onsite and offsite IT support to Tesla's network of Sales and Service Centers as needed.
- Respond to customer requests and issues in a timely manner with a positive attitude and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Travel to remotes sites to support installations, troubleshooting, or upgrades as needed.
- Consistently document IT processes and improvements as they're implemented.
- Be available and responsive to customer calls, email, and tickets 24 x 7 x 365.
- Monitor and address issues with remote systems, networks, telephony, etc.
- Implement and troubleshoot wired and wireless networks.
- Proactively identify customer, or site issues and address in advance of service disruptions.
- Identify and recommend process and product improvements.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline.
- 2-3 years of progressive responsibility in supporting customers with desktop, infrastructure, network, and software issues.
- Ability to travel quickly and frequently (25%) as needed to global sites.
- Strong knowledge of backend Microsoft environments (Active Directory, Exchange, etc.) to support configuration, management, and troubleshooting through the use of Windows Server Administration Tool.
- Ability to assess and prioritize issues and effectively communicate corrective plans to stakeholders directly or via presentation.
- Experience with the following: Altiris, Shoretel, Cisco, Flash, Adobe Air, VNC, IR Touchscreens, PowerShell, Cisco Inlet.
- Expert level in the support of WinXP / Win7 / Windows Server 2008 and all Apple based products including notebooks, servers, workstations, iPad's, iPhones, etc. This includes the image creation, and support via LAN/WAN.
- Experience with the installation and ongoing administration of various Web Server technologies.
- Strong VMWare ESXi / VSphere / VCenter implementation, configuration, and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent understanding of Windows and Linux networking components including, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to calmly interact with customers with customers a â€œcan-doâ€ attitude, and to establish and maintain effective relationships with peers.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Location:||Deer Creek, AR |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|