Associate Sales Engineer
Bit9 is one of the hottest companies in the Security market. Growing at 100% per year for the past two years and earning accolades from industry analysts, Bit9 is âleading the next generation of endpoint and server security,â according to IDC. Due to our commitment to grow top talent organically, we have the perfect opportunity for an up and coming associate-level Sales Engineer to join the team.
Youâre early in your career with a technical degree and can speak intelligently about cyber-attacks and malware. In addition to your technical know-how and security fixation, youâre also a captivating presenter with sales DNA who is now ready to transition this experience to a role that has exceptional growth potential.
As part of a highly collaborative and motivated sales pursuit team, the Associate Sales Engineer works closely with sales, marketing, and product management to demonstrate product capability, inspire confidence and effectively communicate the power of Bit9 solutions. A majority of time will be spent delivering product demonstrations to remote prospective clients. Success will be dependent on your ability to demonstrate how Bit9âs solutions provide direct value to their business and technical requirements. Effectively navigating a variety of customer questions and requirements with excellent listening and communication skills will set the stage for uncapped success here at Bit9.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Evangelize and demonstrate Bit9's products to prospects, customers, and partners via presentations and product demos
- Involvement in prospect evaluation process including:
- Key contributor to and follower of our proven sales methodology
- Build and maintain prospect and partner relationships
- Ensure a smooth and successful transition (externally and internally) from sales process to service delivery
- Assist in developing and evolving best practices for Sales Engineering activities
- Provide product feature input to product management
- Apprise Sales Engineering management of overall health of prospects (technical, organizational, operational and sponsorship)
- Model Bit9 core values: Accountability, Creativity/Resourcefulness, Energy/Passion, Leadership, Integrity/Honesty, Smart/Critical Thinking, Teaming
Qualifications & requirements:
- Technical degree from four year college (or equivalent)
- Entry-level (0 â 2 years of experience) with technical experience gained through recent Security related employment, classwork, or internships
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Demonstrated ability to present to technical audiences and be able to gracefully handle objections in the moment.
- Ability to effectively and quickly assess client/prospect needs
- Commitment to quality work, attention to detail and sense of urgency and ownership of work deliverables.
Desired Technical Awareness/Knowledge:
- Experience with endpoint and server security
- Windows 2000, XP,7, 2003/2008 application server and supporting technologies/products
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows configuration and management
- Proven technical track record with securing Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems
- Knowledge of enterprise IT infrastructures and configuration
- Knowledge of IT security technologies and best practice
- Security Sales aptitude
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CEH, or MCSE a plus
- Knowledge of software deployment and patch management tools
- Strong Competency in Security Process/Workflow (e.g. Threat and Vulnerability Management)
- Understanding of Security Policy, Compliance and Audit
Other Desired Requirements:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on software demonstration experience
- Strong team player who's willing to work hard with the team while having a lot of fun
- Solid understanding of professional services to enable software products
- Excellent technical and business skills, including project management knowledge
- Excellent attitude and a self-starter who takes strong accountability for personal results
We are an equal opportunity employer.Â We are not working with agencies on this role.