Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
Tesla is currently seeking a Regional Support Administrator to join our team in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Basic understanding of DNS, including knowledge of the various record types and their uses. Ability to create articulate and thorough documentation of day to day processes, internal policies/procedures, and develop training for end-users.
- Knowledge of Active Directory configuration, management & troubleshooting through the use of Windows Server Administration Tools.
- Solid working knowledge of VMware VSphere administration, including VM provisioning, datastore management and TCP/IP Configuration.
- Supports both the internal Corporate and external data center infrastructure on a 24x7-basis. Proficient in Active Directory Administration & Windows Networking.
- Must be comfortable using and troubleshooting Windows Server Platforms including, but not limited to Server 2003 â€" Server 2008 R2.
- The individual in this position will be responsible for day to day administration of the Systems Administration ticket pool, including account provisioning, DL membership, Security Group membership, eFax account provisioning, VM Provisioning, Tape Backup, etc.
- Must have ability to scale knowledge and responsibility as the business requires. Eager to learn new concepts with a good attitude.
- Be involved in the IT Infrastructure for our import centre in the Netherlands by working with our business leaders and Tesla IT Resources.
- Authentication and organization of system architecture and administration.
- Work with the purchasing team and vendors to fulfill technology needs.
- Continuously provide world class IT support to Tesla's user community.
- In conjunction with HR, manage the new hire on-boarding from an IT perspective.
- Involved in deployment, maintenance and support for all implemented hardware, software and operating systems.
- Endpoint and Server maintenance, planning and deployment.
- Work with the IT infrastructure team to coordinate software updates and roll-outs. Work with the US network team to optimize the network and phone infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, workflow documentation and process improvement.
- Handling responses to infrastructure events, including post-mortem analysis and planning for prevention of future incidents.
- Participation in new product testing and evaluations.
- Processing Change Requests and trouble tickets via e-mail, phone, and/ or ticket tracking systems.
- Patch testing and deployment.
- Regular Vulnerability Assessment Scanning and reporting.
- Work on the continuous improvement of processes and procedures related with the Retail Helpdesk Support function.
- If required, provide weekly, bi-weekly and monthly reports on Desktop support targets
- Support all aspects of local and international IT.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science preferred or relevant experience.
- Minimal 3 years' experience in administering current versions of windows and supporting LAN and branch office network.
- Experience with Windows 2008 AD and VMware ESXi.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows network components to include TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and WINS technologies.
- Troubleshooting experience with standard desktop applications.
- Working knowledge of Hewlett Packard and IBM (Intel based) servers.
- Very good understanding of supporting servers in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Excellent Communication and relationship management skills, both oral and written
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues with PC's, Powerful Workstations, Laptop hardware and software.
- Experience in managing Windows 7, Windows XP and OS X in a managed desktop environment.
- Knowledge of ticket tracking applications systems such as Service NOW.
- Good working knowledge of Altiris usage and Imaging practices.
- Experience in supporting Industry standard mobile devices and PDA.
- Good understanding of ITIL v3 standards, familiarity with the IT vendor ecosystem.
- General understanding of server computing, networking, phone setup- support, storage, virtualization and business applications.
- Prior experience in site setup is preferred.
- Fluency in English is essential for this role.
- Availability to travel up on request.
- Strong team-player
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.