Associate, Technology (Venture Capital) Safeguard Scientifics
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED ABOUT THE COMPANY
For more than 60 years, Safeguard Scientifics (NYSE:SFE) has been synonymous with entrepreneurship and innovation. Founded in 1953 and based in the Greater Philadelphia area, Safeguard has a distinguished record of building market leaders by providing capital and operational support to entrepreneurs across an evolving and innovative spectrum of industries. Today, Safeguard targets companies-near or at commercialization-in healthcare IT, devices, diagnostics, Internet and digital media, financial technology, and enterprise software.
Throughout its existence, Safeguard has successfully completed more than 100 M&A transactions and more than 20 IPOs. Most recently:
- Alverix - Acquired by Becton, Dickinson (2014) (1.9x CoC return for SFE)
- Crescendo Bioscience - Acquired by Myriad Genetics (2014) (3.8x CoC return for SFE)
- NuPathe - IPO (2010); Acquired by Teva Pharmaceutical (2014) (potential 2.0x CoC return for SFE based on future net sales)
- ThingWorx - Acquired by PTC (2013) (Initial 4.0x CoC return for SFE)
As a public company, Safeguard differentiates itself by providing significant value-added services to its partner companies, including finance, accounting, marketing, communications, operations, corporate/business development and human resources.
Safeguard's Deal Team is responsible for identifying prospective partner companies, conducting due diligence, and executing financings. Furthermore, the team is responsible for on-going strategic and operational support of each partner company through the lifecycle of the investment.
We are seeking a pre-MBA Associate to assist in prospecting & sourcing of new potential investments, research and due diligence on prospective deals, and supporting the existing partner companies on strategic projects including the analysis of M&A opportunities and follow-on financings.
The role offers a unique opportunity for a Pre-MBA Associate to gain a balanced experience of all of the key skill sets within the VC industry: sourcing deals, conducting due diligence, completing transactions, and supporting partner companies on strategic initiatives.
We are seeking a two-year commitment. Strong performers may be considered for advancement at Safeguard or within a Safeguard partner company.
- Assist in the deal qualification process through interaction with entrepreneurs and Safeguard senior management
- Review and evaluate business plans to determine fit with Safeguard
- Research attractive markets to identify market segmentation, growth prospects and competitive dynamics
- Build financial models to support initial investments/acquisitions, restructurings and liquidity events
- Assist in supporting existing Safeguard partner companies, including identifying acquisition targets, identifying new product/market opportunities, assisting with financial planning and attending board meetings
- Develop relationships with peers in private equity/venture capital industry as well as entrepreneurs
- Passion for technology markets
- Successful experience using primary and secondary sources to gather market data, having generated actionable conclusions
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and accounting
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional academic performance required, top-tier school strongly preferred
- Two to four years of prior relevant work experience
- Completion of 2-year Analyst program within technology investment banking preferred
- Strong knowledge base of technology markets
- Technical background (CS/Engineering) a plus
- Experience in authoring presentations/reports for senior executive level audiences
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
All Jobs: at Safeguard Scientifics
|Headquarters:||435 Devon Park Drive|
Wayne, PA 19087
|Company Profile:||For more than 60 years, Safeguard Scientifics (NYSE:SFE) has been synonymous with entrepreneurship and innovation. Founded in 1953 and based in the Greater Philadelphia area, Safeguard has a distinguished record of building market leaders by providing capital and operational support to entrepreneurs across an evolving and innovative spectrum of industries. Today, Safeguard targets companies-near or at commercialization-in healthcare IT, devices, diagnostics, Internet and digital media, financial technology, and enterprise software. |
Support Safeguard Scientifics with Social Media services