Automation Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Structures Engineering | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology problems seen in any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Manufacturing/Production â€" One of the most critical needs we now have at SpaceX is for Manufacturing/Production engineers. With two vehicles flight proven, we have a $3 billion backlog of sold flights. The next critical phase is proving our ability to build rockets with increasing speed while maintaining quality in order to meet the markets high demand. We are looking to add manufacturing engineers throughout the company.
- Responsible for design, programming, and installation of robotic systems and other factory control systems (e.g. PLCs). This may include robot sizing, torque / speed calculation, and specifying products for each application.
- To be the on-site expert on robots and the application of robots for production and material handling.
- Diagnose / troubleshoot robot errors, resolve manufacturing discrepancies in production.
- Provide manufacturing engineering input into the early stages of design and development of flight hardware.
- Design and implement programming and tooling to support early part development.
- Provide insight into the design of tooling and equipment from concept to full volume production including poke yokes, controls and standardization of componentry.
- Support the development of standard practices for the specification and run-off for new and upgraded equipment.
- Develop robust plans to ensure that equipment and machine capacity is developed in line with volume production requirements.
- Provide detail analysis for the appropriation of capital and ROI.
- B.S. Degree in an engineering field required
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role required
- Ability to design, program, install, test, and start up a robot required
- Experience with one or more major robotic brand such as Fanuc, Kuka, ABB, Motoman, Panasonic or a similar brand is required
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Experience in Automotive, Aerospace, Metals, Plastics, Packaging, and Material Handling industries is a plus
- Experience in robotic MIG welding is desired
- Experience with a variety of robotic applications is desired
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, SpaceX hires only U.S. citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED