Automation Technician Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: Perform routine diagnostic checks on automated systems, monitor automated systems, isolate problems and perform repairs to ensure optimum performance and minimal down time.
1. Provide repair, maintenance and service to ensure robotics systems are functioning at optimal level.
2. Provide assistance in keeping the robotics systems operational and performing at a level to accomplish the goals of the laboratory.
3. Prioritize and document repairs and preventative maintenance activities; provide follow-up information regarding status of assigned tasks.
4. Support and develop strong internal and external customer relationships by acting as a liaison between the training vendor and appropriate departments at Promega.
5. Use Service Desk (or relevant program) to capture important service information and generate a report every two weeks.
6. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
7. Interface with Promega engineering teams including facilities and operations, and R&D team.
8. Highly skilled in in mechanical systems of all sorts with the ability to troubleshoot the machine-IT interface effectively.
1. Actively participate in training to stay up to date on robotic software and hardware changes and updates.
2. Other related duties as assigned.
1. Associate Degree in Information Technology, Electronics or related field or equivalent work experience.
2. Previous experience performing mechanical and/or electronic maintenance tasks on computers, robots or related systems/equipment.
3. Ability to work flexible hours and be on call as required to repair equipment.
4. Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
5. Technical competency and mechanical aptitude to understand and clearly discuss system level issues; to stay current in technical knowledge; to troubleshoot issues and work with vendors/suppliers.
6. Knowledge of networking technology and systems.
7. Must have current and valid U.S. driver?s license.
8. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), e-mail and the use of the internet.
9. Ability to display excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills.
10. Strong commitment to customer service. Has an approachable manner that encourages interaction with others.
1. Knowledge of the policies and procedures related to Promega?s utilization of computer hardware, software and networks.
2. Knowledge of Promega?s security policies related to computer and network connections and software updates.
1. Ability to slide, push and move up to 50 lbs, with varying frequency.
2. Ability to travel by car or airplane, for one or several days, to suppliers, equipment vendors, etc.
3. Ability to drive a vehicle.
4. Ability to use computer and telephone equipment.
5. Ability to travel up to 30%.
6. Ability to frequently twist, turn, bend, kneel, pull and push.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED