Avionics/Electronics Technician (Electro-Mechanical - 2nd shift) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Avionics/Electronics Technician (Electro-Mechanical - 2nd shift)
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology problems seen in any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Technicians and Trade Skills â€" SpaceX is continuing to build our highly skilled technician and trades workforce; the extensive in house development and production capabilities at SpaceX would not be possible without their contributions. If you enjoy hands-on development work in and thrive in a fast paced environment, you could make a great addition to our team.
- Mechanical / electrical assembly of PCB assemblies into product chassis
- Building of small electrical sub-assemblies
- Wire harnessing
- Soldering and de-soldering of through hole and SMT component
- Support conformal coat, masking, epoxy application and coating
- Minimum of 3 years' experience
- Able to read blueprints, with excellent concentration and attention to detail
- Heavy conformal coat support experience utilizing NVOC, Urethane, Acrylic and Silicone based CC
- Outstanding work efficiency and high accuracy
- Able to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Mechanical Hand Tools Experience
- Must be able to work 2nd shift on a daily basis, 2pm - 10:30pm
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Strong team working skills and excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40lbs
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position.
Additional position information
- Experience maintaining and programming of PVA Conformal Coat system
- Current or past certification for NASA-STD-8739.3, IPC-610 or equivalent
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED