Avionics/Electronics Technician (Hardware Test - 2nd shift) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Avionics/Electronics Technician (Hardware Test - 2nd shift)
Technicians and Trade Skills | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Working with design engineers to develop and document test procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining specialist test setups.
- Performing tests and recording test results.
- Working with design engineers to troubleshoot failures.
- Conducting tests at external specialist test houses.
- High school diploma required. Associates Degree desired. An equivalent combination of relevant experience and education is acceptable.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Highly accelerated life testing
- Thermal vacuum testing
- Vibration and shock testing
- Water pressure testing
- Test procedure development
- Electromagnetic compatibility testing
- Must be able to work 2nd shift on a daily basis, 3pm â€" 11:30pm.
- Strong team working skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40lbs.
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
Additional position information
- Associates degree preferred.
- Some experience of space, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environments is highly desirable.
The SpaceX Avionics Division operates a fully equipped testing laboratory for development, qualification and acceptance testing of electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies. Test technicians are responsible for executing and recording tests on assemblies developed or purchased by SpaceX. The test suite includes facilities for thermal, vacuum, thermal-vacuum, water pressure, vibration, shock and electromagnetic compatibility testing
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED