Avionics/Electronics Technician (SMT 2nd shift) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Avionics/Electronics Technician (SMT 2nd shift)
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology problems seen in any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Technicians and Trade Skills â€" SpaceX is continuing to build our highly skilled technician and trades workforce; the extensive in house development and production capabilities at SpaceX would not be possible without their contributions. If you enjoy hands-on development work in and thrive in a fast paced environment, you could make a great addition to our team.
- Independently program, set up and run a complete SMT line.
- Maintain and/or perform minor repairs of manufacturing equipment including, but not limited to: pick-and-place machines, screen printers, reflow ovens, drag solder machine, x-rays, parts towers, coating machine, and hand tools/fixtures.
- Experience to include: the downloading of programs into machinery, performing setup adjustment, feeder setup and change over and inspecting product during production runs.
- Must have the ability to run NPI (New Product Introduction) software and troubleshoot component definitions, feeder assignments and all other functions required to set up a first-time run on the placement equipment.
- Creating and maintaining equipment work instructions.
- Maintaining maintenance log schedules.
- Coordinating with SMT area to ensure maintenance is performed on time.
- Interface with equipment manufacturers or reps in a professional manner.
- Coordinate product DOAs and maintain log.
- Support Manufacturing Engineering department with clerical help.
Additional position information
- Associates Degree in electronics field required or a minimum 10 years' experience in SMT Production Line Operations
- Must know how to program, set up, and run a complete SMT line.
- Must know how to perform minor repairs on pick-and-place machines, screen printers, reflow ovens, drag solder machines, x-ray machines, parts towers, and coating machines.
- Must know how to download programs into machinery as well as set up feeder and change overs and familiar with inspection procedures.
- Must be willing to work 2nd shift on a regualr basid (2:30pm - 10:30pm).
- Must be able to work overtiem and weekends as needed.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, SpaceX hires only U.S. citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED