Avionics Quality Inspector (Hardware Test - 2nd shift) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Avionics Quality Inspector (Hardware Test - 2nd shift)
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- In-process inspection and final verification of production hardware to drawing, process specifications, work order, and environmental acceptance test requirements in our testing facility
- Identify, document, and resolve production and test anomalies in accordance with prescribed procedures and pursue corrective action as required
- Interface with engineering and production to resolve nonconforming material issues and test failures
- Read, interpret and work from free form drawings as well as from controlled documentation and processes
- Independently perform verifications and document results in a clear, precise and complete manner
- Validating test equipment setup and calibration
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Associates Degree or equivalent in quality or test engineering is required. An equivalent combination of relevant experience and education is acceptable
- A minimum three years in Quality Assurance experience in electronic and mechanical assembly
- Knowledge of environmental testing and performing data review
- Highly accelerated life testing
- Thermal vacuum testing
- Vibration and shock testing
- Water pressure testing
- Test procedure development
- Electromagnetic compatibility testing
- Should have a firm grasp of measurement and test equipment (MT&E) and failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), as well as basic engineering models and data analysis methods
- Should have a solid knowledge of the control of nonconforming hardware, failure/root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action processes
- Ideal candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication abilities, as well as interpersonal skills that aid in achieving both primary and multi-departmental goals
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated and able to work in a fast paced, high demand environment
- Ability to work independently with a strong work ethic, be innovative, detail oriented, possess initiative, and team oriented
- Proficient with computers, the ability to use MS Office, shop floor management software (ERP) and related programs
- Must be able to work 2nd shift on a regular basis, 2:30pm-11pm
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Ability to work variable work shifts dependent upon production demands
- Knowledgeable with ISO 9001 / AS9100 Quality Management Systems are a plus
- Bachelor's Degree a plus
- Experience of space, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environments is highly desirable
- Knowledgeable of surface mounted devices accordance with NASA 8739 and/or IPC-J-STD-001, IPC-A-610 standards is preferred
- Knowledgeable of wire harnesses and cables accordance with NASA-STD-8739.4 and/or IPC-A-620 standards is preferred
- Experience preferred with performing electronic testing and inspection using portable measuring devices
Additional position information
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED