Back-End Developer MapMyFitness, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED About MapMyFitness, Inc.:
We're a well-funded, fast growing start-up whose apps are consistently ranked among the top fitness apps in the world. With more than 12 million registered users and more than 20,000 new users signing up each day, we're creating the future of fitness on the web and for mobile. We're looking for only the best and brightest in the industry to join our team - and those with a passion for health and fitness.
You're a professional software developer. You know computer science regardless of whether you learned it academically, professionally, or by hacking on your own. Although you thrive in the realm of back-end development, you attempt to move up and down the stack making changes at the best point between the user interface and the bare metal. You explore the breadth of the system and the landscape of available technologies. At the same time, you maintain a laser focus on producing customer value. You crave feedback from your peers and your users. You continually form hypotheses and seek to validate or invalidate them in production by shipping small changes frequently. Your teamwork displays an appreciation for both the spirit and the letter of Agile process. You work hard, and you continually seek ways to work smarter. You gush with optimism without allowing blind spots to prevent you from seeing risks. You avoid the temptation to plagiarize this paragraph as your cover letter. You realize that nobody achieves these ideals, but you try yourself anyway.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent production experience.
- Python, or proficient in at least a couple of OO languages and have no fear of semantics, syntax or sugar.
- MySQL, MongoDB, a love for big data and fast queries
- Django, or proficient in many other MVC frameworks. Specifically, must be proficient in wielding an ORM.
- 2- years of experience
- Test-driven development.
- Agile planning and estimation.
- Experience with PostGIS and/or other open source GIS technologies
- Testing tools (Nose, Selenium)
- Message queues (RabbitMQ, AMQP)
- Search servers (Sphinx)
- Caching strategies and implementation (Memcached)
This position will be based out of our Denver, CO offices.
- You will get to work for one of the coolest companies on the planet
- You get to come to work and know your efforts are truly bettering the lives of millions of people each month
- We pay 100% of premiums for medical and dental insurance for you
- We pay 50% of premiums for medical and dental insurance for your dependents
- You will get a generous portion of stock options
- You will get reimbursed for $500 in health & fitness related expenses per year (think gym memberships, fitness event registration fees, ski lift tickets, cycling gear, running shoes, etc.)
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Empowering Active LifestylesInvestors: Austin Ventures All Jobs: at MapMyFitness, Inc.
|Headquarters:||522 E 6th ST|
Austin, TX 78701
|Company Profile:||MapMyFitness, Inc. was founded in 2006 and maintains its headquarters in Austin, Texas. Our suite of websites - MapMyFitness.com, MapMyRide.com, MapMyRun.com, MapMyTri.com, MapMyWalk.com, MapMyHike.com, and MapMyMountain.com - are the fastest growing online fitness-oriented social networks and training applications.
We target players across the health and fitness spectrum, including healthy and active individuals, race and event directors, and fitness and wellness oriented community groups and clubs.
Our sites provide over 3,000,000 runners, cyclists, walkers, triathletes, and hikers, with an array of online training tools, including an advanced geo-mapping application, a database of searchable saved routes, training logs, interactive community groups, dedicated discussion forums, fitness calculators, global event listings and opportunities to compete virtually. Additionally, we offer mobile applications that use the built-in GPS functionality of the iPhone and BlackBerry to enable users to track and record their fitness activity.
Support MapMyFitness, Inc. with Social Media services