Back-End Developer Quirky
We are Quirky.
We make invention accessible.
We believe that the best ideas in the world aren't actually in the world--they're locked in people's heads.
We exist to solve that problem.
As a back-end developer at Quirky, you will be responsible for contributing to many aspects of building and maintaining the Quirky Technology Platform as we scale the business out to meet increased product demand and greater product development participation. This will include:
- back-end web application development (database, business logic, API) for new website and
- back-end system development (shopping cart, order fulfillment, accounting, etc)
- performance and scalability of our platform
- financial reporting
- customer service tools
- operational support
At minimum, you will have at least a few years of professional experience with the following technologies and software. These are the tools that we work with every day and that we expect you to hit the ground running with. The quantity of your experience is not nearly as important as the quality of it.
- Ruby on Rails
- Objective C
- Agile, Iterative Development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Action and detail oriented
- Highly motivated to drive projects to completion
- As your code will be deployed in a high-volume e-commerce production environment,
performance tuning and testing will be critical to success.
Building a global product development company is no small task and we are seeking individuals excited by the challenge and who have experience with the following areas of our business. The more you can bring to the table, the more we will have to talk about.
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS)
- Deployment Management (Heroku)
- Payment Processing (ActiveMerchant)
- E-Commerce/Shopping Carts
- Warehousing and Shipping
- Issue Tracking (Jira)
- NoSQL Databases (Mongo)
- Accounting (NetSuite Integration)
- Social Media Integration (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- RESTful web service API development
- Database Schema Design and Indexing
- Data Warehousing
- Startup Experience
-Relocation available for well-qualified candidates.-
Check out www.Quirky.com. If you like what you see, submit your application online. To be considered, make sure to link us to your git hub portfolio in the section where we ask for your Website, Blog or Portfolio!
We Make Invention Accessible
20 - 50M RaisedInvestors: FreshTracks Capital
, Norwest Venture Partners
, RRE Ventures All Jobs: at Quirky
|Industry:||Consumer Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||For centuries, becoming an "inventor" has been a hard gig to crack. Complexities relating to financing, engineering, distribution, and legalities have stood in the way of brilliant people executing on their great ideas.
Since launching in 2009, Quirky has rapidly changed the way the world thinks about product development.
We bring two brand new consumer products to market each week, by enabling a fluid conversation between a global community and Quirky's expert product design staff.
The world influences our business in real-time, and we share our revenue directly with the people who helped us make successful decisions.|
Support Quirky with Social Media services