Backend Developer, Machine Learning Alphonso Labs
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Your Role:
- Design and implement scalable machine learning algorithms for content recommendation and personalization for over 20M users.
- Work closely with a tight-knit team of experienced engineers. Each of us is part engineer, hacker and product designer.
- This role requires previous experience with recommendation systems. Specifically, we would love to hear about machine learning-based systems you have worked on or hacked together in your free time.
Leverage cloud-based platforms (AWS, Google AppEngine) to achieve significant horizontal scalability while minimizing development and maintenance time and enabling rapid product innovation.
Learn and use the latest software development tools as appropriate, such as python / django non-rel / piston, memcache, big-table, redis, scribe and git.
Share the enthusiasm and energy of working in a high-profile, fast-paced startup that is changing the definition of news!
- Free healthy snacks and drinks from the Pulse Kitchen
- Free daily catered lunch
- Pulse Happy Hours celebrating each product and feature launch
- Pulse Ski Trip to Tahoe & other retreats and events!
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Join us in creating an elegant, intuitive, and fun app that encourages daily media consumption and cultivates informed discussions.
5 - 20M RaisedInvestors: Greycroft Partners
, Lerer Ventures All Jobs: at Alphonso Labs
|Headquarters:||2 Shaw Alley|
San Francisco, CA 94105
|Industry:||Consumer Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||Pulse is an elegant news reading application for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. It incorporates colorful panning story bars and fills them with content from your favorite sources. Pulse redefines news, giving you the opportunity to experience the news you desire from traditional sources, your favorite blogs and social networks - all in one beautiful interface.
Pulse was founded in May 2010 by Ankit Gupta and Akshay Kothari, two Stanford graduate students as part of a course at the Institute of Design. The inspiration for Pulse was borne out of their frustration with the news reading experience on mobile devices. Pulse has been selected as one of 50 apps in Apple's App Store Hall of Fame and named one of TIME's top 50 iPhone apps of 2011. Pulse is available as a free download for iPad, iPhone, and Android, and on the web at http://www.pulse.me.|
Support Alphonso Labs with Social Media services