Backend Engineer Shazam
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Shazam connects more than 275 million people in over 200 countries to the music, TV shows and brands they love. Every week another 1.5 million curious people embrace Shazam. All this makes us the world?s leading media discovery company. It is an amazing app, available now on all major app stores and platforms.
We are headquartered in London and Palo Alto with other U.S. locations, including an Engineering office in San Diego.
About the Position:
To accelerate growth, Shazam is looking for a talented and highly motivated software engineer to join our TV services and recognition infrastructure team in San Diego. You will be responsible for maintaining and expanding TV infrastructure and web services. You will also be involved in the development of the Shazam recognition infrastructure, one of the core technologies of the company. This is a technical, hands-on role where you will be expected to contribute to the entire engineering process from design to implementation to testing.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in a fast paced organization with strong demands on backend services
- Experience running and debugging high performance and highly available backend services
- Experience and desire to work with test driven development
- Ability to work with various programming and scripting languages such as php, C++, node, java and shell scripts
- Strong understanding of distributed systems and principals such as cacheing and redundancy
- Strong understanding of web services, http and network technologies
- Strong understanding of Unix / Linux system Architecture, administration, configuration and automation
- Strong understanding of multiprocess and multithreaded programming
- Experience with audio streaming technology is a plus
A fast-paced, fun environment with smart people and a great opportunity to learn, grow and succeed!
A great job in a cutting edge field at one of the largest and well-known mobile brand and properties in the world with a wealth of assets, opportunities and potential, yet a great opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the products and success of the business.
Competitive benefits package.
||San Diego, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED