Backend Web/SaaS Developer Prism
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Prism Skylabs? mission is as challenging as it is exciting. We're redefining how physical space is experienced online. We extract data and stunning, privacy-protected imagery from existing video infrastructure to enable brick-and-mortar businesses to be successful in an increasingly digital world.
Our team hails from Stanford, Berkeley, MIT, NASA, and Google. We all share a deep commitment to exploring creative ways to collect, analyze and visualize one of the most interesting sources of information on the planet.
We are looking for a rock star backend web/SaaS developer who is excited to learn new skills, build teams, and pave our path forward.
Strong skill required in:
- one or more modern high-level languages (preferably python)
- one or more modern web frameworks (rails, django, flask, etc)
- integration and design of SQL-based datastores
- integration with http-based REST APIs
- DVCs (preferably git)
- -NIX development (preferably debian/ubuntu)
- teamwork: knowing when and how to ask and answer questions
- selfwork: ability to work independently and research answers
Familiarity or better required in:
- python, django, postgres
- design of REST APIs
- integration with SOAP APIs
- frontend web development (JS, HTML, CSS, AJAX)
- modern opensource development (ie. github, bitbucket, stackoverflow)
- cloud-based SaaS hosting (preferably Amazon's AWS)
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- a strong open source presence (send us your profile links!)
- pythonista/django expert. Have you contributed to django core? Any high-profile third party apps?
- NoSQL or key/value store experience
- -NIX ninja. Can you write quicksort as a 4 line shell script?
Send your resume and anything else you think would help us get to know you and the great stuff you can do: links to github account, FOSS contributions, portfolios, or other online presence.
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED