Big Data Architect eHarmony
eHarmony.com is recruiting a seasoned Big Data - Architect Â to lead the architecture, design and development of the next generation Big Data Business Intelligence and Data warehouse environment. You will support several projects simultaneously and design, model and develop data models (logical and physical) and ETL processes to support reporting and analytics. You will plan and maintain the technical infrastructure, its configuration, performance, and storage requirements, with consideration of tiered data and data archiving. Successful applicants will be energetic team players and have a proven analytical background with a web media or consumer-based online company.
- Lead the architecture, design and development of the next generation Big data Business Intelligence and Data warehouse environment.
- Developing analytical solutions to business problems through the design and programming of Business Intelligence/Data warehouse constructs and presentation layers.
- Design, model and develop data models (logical and physical) to support reporting and analytics.
- Designing and Implementing Web analytics technologies like Tag management solution, Google Analytics and integrating these with other marketing technologies like Adwords, Bing, DoubleClick, Wildfire etc.
- Develop and maintain a technical metadata framework and repository of data events and ETL operations for a big data platform.
- Help plan and maintain the technical infrastructure, its configuration, performance, and storage requirements, with consideration of tiered data and data archiving.
- Establish data quality standards and be an active participant in data governance process
- Recognizing and managing technical dependencies and/or limitations that impact analytic work.
- Provide ongoing evaluations of technology solutions and capabilities to ensure alignment with business objectives, identify areas of risk, while monitoring the current environment,Â and potential improvement areas.
- Working with business stakeholders to gather, analyze, and then translate requirements in BI reporting area â either recommending an existing solution, developing a solution, or synthesizing requirement for delivery to engineering teams for development.
- Generate Ad-Hoc queries and reports based on business requirements.
- Provide expert advice in the usage and interpretation of data to various business partners.
- Actively question and challenge customers to understand their requirements and reach the best solutions, near term and long term.
- Understands and adheres to development and documentation standards, database design and storage.
- Understand the structure and meaning of data coming in the source systems through data profiling
- Successfully implementing process improvements impacting own work and work of others.
- On-call application support is required.
- 8+ years Technology experience and a Bachelors degree or Higher in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or a related field from a top program; or equivalent experience
- 6+Â years Data warehouse/Business Intelligence experience with 2+ years handling muti terabyte big data platform using Hadoop technology
- Must contribute to overall team success; committed to building a strong team.
- Must be a self-motivated, energetic, detail oriented team player passionate about producing high quality BI & analytics deliverables and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience contributing to project task prioritization, planning, estimating, work assignment, & quality assurance at every stage of a project.
- Exceptional Data Warehousing and Modeling skills with proven track record designing large, complex Data Warehouse solutions integrated with Hadoop pulling from multiple data sources
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of multiple Data Warehouse/Data Mart architectures including Hadoop, various MPP and SMP database systems.
- Expert level understanding of Data Modeling and Data Warehouse implementation, management, and performance tuning. Must have multiple Data Warehouse implementation experience working often in an Architect/Lead Design role.
- Exposure and understanding of Â designing/building business intelligence and analytics solutions using various MicroStrategy products.
- Excellent and thorough knowledge of SQL skills
- Must have deep understanding and expertise in multiple ETL development tools like Informatica , DataStage, Talend, etc, Hadoop tools like Scoop and Flume and how to leverageÂ for effective enterprise scale big data platformÂ implementation and management
- Strong expertise with administering and maintaining BI/DW application platforms on a 64 bit UNIX/Linux environment.
- Excellent expertise with Big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce, Impala, Spark, Scalding etc)
- Experience with Google Analytics implementation.
- Expertise in Java, Scala.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical associates and vice-versa a must.
- Strong experience with performance and scalability design and testing.
- Experience in Advanced Analytics Â is a plus.
- Experience with implementing TAG management solutions like Google TagÂ manager, Tealium etc is a plus
||Santa Monica, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Functional Area:||Business Development|