Big Data Engineer Radius Intelligence
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Radius is a fast-growing, venture-backed startup in the heart of San Francisco. We're developing breakthrough technologies that make it easier for all companies - large and small, established and pioneering - to understand and do business with each other.
We're looking for a solid data infrastructure engineer. Right now we use Elastic Map-Reduce (EMR) for processing our data and ElasticSearch for serving it. We need someone to help build the next generation of these services.
- Improve our existing record clustering and search infrastructure.
- Help architect and implement the next generation Radius search index building process.
- Establish best practices for using Amazon data pipeline services most effectively.
- Leverage business intelligence data to guide future development and product decisions.
- Build test and release standards for our Hadoop work.
- Automate everything as much as feasible.
- Practical experience with Hadoop.
- Superior coding ability in at least one Java/C++/C#-like language and one Python/Ruby-like language.
- Mastery of -nix.
- Some experience Amazon's EC2 and S3 services.
- Can quickly research and use services/libraries/languages never used before.
- Above all, you must be a software engineer. You must be able to write modular, extensible, maintainable code; communicate with your peers; work in a team; establish best practices where there are none; and bring a high level of quality to everything you build.
- Data science/machine learning experience.
- Elastic Map-Reduce experience.
- Redshift/Vertica/Teredata experience.
- Interest in, or experience with, Chef for managing systems.
- Competitive salary and stock offerings.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Great, recently-remodeled office in downtown SF (one block from Montgomery St. BART)
- Casual, friendly work environment.
- Flexible time off policy.
- Daily breakfast and lunch.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Commuter benefits and more.
When you apply, it really helps to write us a cover letter telling us why you're interested in Radius specifically.
||San Francisco, CA 94105 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED