Big Data Platform Engineering- - Sr. Software Engineer Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Title: Â Sr. Software Engineer â Big Data Platform Engineeringâ¨
Location: Â Pleasanton, CAâ¨â¨
Are you a hardcore software engineer who has built or contributed to major Big Data infrastructure and tools? Do you have experience in building Big Data Solutions? We have immediate openings for senior engineers to design and develop our next generation Big Data platform. Curious, and can cover the requirements below? Give us a shout!â¨
- Must have a disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications.
- Must have experience in building analytics for structured and unstructured data and managing large data ingestion using technologies like Kafka /Flume/Avro/Thrift /Sqoop
- Must have hands on experience in implementing solutions using MR, Hive, Pig, or HBase.
- Must have a good understanding of Cloud Development and using Cloud Elasticity APIs. Experience on commercial cloud such as Amazon EC2, and EMR and/or hosted cloud is a plus.
- Proficient in major development tools and Agile processes.
- Proven track record of execution in a fast paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science or related fields. Graduate degree preferred.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in RHive, DataFu, Mahout, enhancing Mahout for homegrown algorithms Â
- Contribution to open source for Oozie , HCatalog, HBase, ZooKeeper or other open source project on Apache
- Some knowledge on mutual authentication using Kerberos to manage hadoop services, enforcement of file permission and delegation of tokens to optimize communication between nodes.
- Design and implement an integrated Big Data platform that works seamlessly with our best in class analytics offering.
- Design and implement data collectors to collect and transport data to the Big Data Platform.
- Implement monitoring solution(s) for the Big Data platform to monitor tenant health on the infrastructure.
- Collaborate with Product Management, QA, and other development teams to ensure on time delivery of scalable architecture.
- Adhere to development best practices including test driven development, and agile methodologies.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry standards and technology.
- Contribute ideas for continually improving the teamâs productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality.
- Actively mentor junior developers to develop their technical expertise
- Have fun engineering software.
||Pleasanton, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services