Billing and Compliance Specialist - Therapy Division Source Medical Solutions
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description
Recently ranked by Healthcare Informatics as one of the Top 100 Healthcare IT companies, SourceMedical provides outpatient information solutions and services for ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, practices, and rehabilitation clinics.
With a 20-year track record and more than 6,000 satisfied customers, SourceMedical is the trusted source for innovative applications, in-depth industry expertise and unsurpassed customer service. The company?s unique, end-to-end systems improve operational efficiency and cash flow while enabling healthcare facilities to capture, analyze and exchange data to deliver a higher standard of patient care. Check out our website at www.sourcemed.net to learn more about us.
SourceMedical is currently seeking a Billing and Compliance Specialist for its Therapy Division in Birmingham, AL.
Summary of Position:
This position will be responsible for monitoring how Source Medical billing products incorporate federal and state billing and coding regulations into product applications. The candidate should have a very solid understanding of CPTs, ICD-9s, ICD- 10s and HCPCS with regard to how those procedure and disease codes are regulated and modified. The candidate should also be very familiar with billing processes in the medical industry, and understand how CPTs convert into billable charges. Knowledge of outpatient therapy is beneficial. In addition, the candidate must have strong customer service skills as they will be in a position to communicate with clients frequently on a consulting basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Researching, investigating and monitoring federal and state coding and billing regulations. Provides determination of how those regulations impact our clients and products. Recommending product modifications to stay compliant.
2. Reviewing all CPTs, LCD, CCI edits, and other billing requirements, creating updated system files, and overseeing implementation of required changes into the existing client base.
3. Speaking with clients during the discovery phase of implementation to explain billing rules and consult on best practices.
4. Managing the implementation of new client billing rules.
5. Conducting audits with clients after go-live to ensure billing rules are set up accurately for client needs and billing regulations.
6. Participate in product reviews and offer billing/coding input.
7. Be the escalation point for all billing related support issues.
8. Other duties as assigned.
- B.A. in relevant field or equivalent education & experience
- Minimum 3 years of coding and/or billing experience in the Physical Therapy industry
- Understanding of professional and institutional paper or electronic claim submission
- Familiarity with 835/ERA and EOB payment information
- Professional Coding Certification (CCS, CCS/P, CPC, RHIA, RHIT) preferred
- Work experience with HIPAA regulations
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sourcemed.net.
||100 Grandview Place |
Birmingham, AL 35243
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED