Biostatistician Stemina Biomarker Discovery, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Purpose
Experimental design and analysis of large scale LC-MS based metabolomics experiments for the identification of biomarkers, creation of predictive models, and biological network based interpretation of the results. The candidate should have a track record demonstrating the ability to be self-motivated and self-directing, to develop realistic project plans with timelines, and to solve problems using application of scientific theory.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement small molecule and metabolomic analysis.
- Assist in design and execution of scientific experiments in collaboration with analytical chemistry and cell biology staff.
- Evaluate and develop new and advanced bioinformatics tools, making them accessible to internal users.
- Contribute to the development of visualization tools for complex biological data and novel algorithms to solve bioinformatics problems.
- Evaluate metabolomics using network analysis methodologies.
- Perform comparative analyses of mass spectrometer derived metabolomic data.
- Develop predictive models based on the results of metabolomics experiments.
- Work closely with biologists and analytical chemists in updating and utilizing multiple sources of biological data.
- Write grant applications at the direction of the Chief Scientific Officer in collaboration with other scientific staff.
- Keep and maintain accurate and detailed records of all research and experiments performed.
- Maintain current technical procedures and quality assurance.
- Attend staff and lab meetings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Ph.D in Statistics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology or, a molecular biotechnology or related discipline with a research focus in the area of statistics.
- A minimum of 5 years post graduate experience designing, analyzing, and interperting large "omics" based data sets preferably in the areas of metabolomics, proteomics, or gene expression. Proficiency with the statistical programming language R.
- Demonstrated experience in the generation of predictive models from experimental "omics" data utilizing univariate, multivariate, and machine learning methods.
- Experience with network based analysis of "omics" data.
- Strong background in biochemistry, specifically understanding of the metabolic pathways is required.
- Broad understanding of bioinformatics tools used for analysis of metabolic, gene expression, and protein expression data.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including public-speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently as well as a part of a diverse team.
- Ability to maintain experimental consistency.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks with constantly changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems and recommend actions.
- Knowledge of implementation and design of state-of-the-art algorithms for metabolomic, genomic and metagenomic analysis.
- Advanced analytical, organizational, and record-keeping skills.
- Proficient computer skills: Proficiency with the Windows and Linux operating systems and MS Office.
||Madison, WI |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
All Jobs: at Stemina Biomarker Discovery, Inc.
|Headquarters:||504 S. Rosa Rd.|
Madison, WI 53719
|Company Profile:||Stemina uses metabolomic technologies to study biology and disease in market areas important to human health. NeuropointDX, Stemina's diagnostic division, is developing a diagnostic platform using human patient samples to understand the metabolic mechanisms involved in health and diseases such as cancer, autism and others. The company's Children's Autism Metabolome Project (CAMP), is the largest metabolomics study of autistic children ever conducted. This ongoing study is designed to discover biomarkers and develop assays for the early diagnosis of autism using patient samples. Stemina's also uses pioneering cell based assays arise from the strategic convergence of the groundbreaking technologies metabolomics and human embryonic stem cells. In addition, Stemina provides drug screening, drug discovery and diagnostic development services for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies under service contracts or joint discovery agreements using its proprietary metabolomics platform.|
Support Stemina Biomarker Discovery, Inc. with Social Media services