THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The Biostatistician will report to the VP of Bioinformatics, and will develop statistical methodologies for the analysis and interpretation of data coming out of Aviirs tests. This is a unique, challenging opportunity to play a leading role in the design and implementation of a novel product that combines highly innovative technologies in life sciences and statistics/computing at a fast-moving company.
The Biostatistician will be responsible for the following:
- Develops/implements methodologies for analyzing and interpreting Aviirs data
- Provides guidance in the selection/improvement of analysis methodologies for large and diverse data sets
- Provides statistical guidance in assay optimization
- Contributes to the clinical study design and analysis planning of clinical studies (power and sample calculations, randomization scheme, protocol creation)
- Develops statistical methods section for clinical study reports
- Ensures compliance with department SOPs and regulatory guidance.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in statistics, diagnostic test development, and regulatory guidance through literature review and attendance at workshops and professional meetings.
- Participate in publication and patent application efforts
- Master or Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field
- Sound knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics
- Expertise with advanced statistical methods including specific knowledge of experimental design, multivariate data analysis, permutation tests, bootstrap, model development and optimization, and interpretation of results
- Experience with clinical trials design and analysis a strong plus
- Ability to construct and implement creative yet rigorous solutions using R, S+ or SAS
- Familiarity with one or more of the following programming languages: Java, C++, SQL, Perl, Python
- Strong written and oral communication skills a must
- Highly organized, with the initiative and technical aptitude to work with limited supervision but as part of an interdependent team
Ability to identify problems and solve them in a rigorous and pragmatic manner
Initiative and ability to self-educate, and stay up to date on clinical biostatistics theories and practices
- Basic knowledge of regulatory guidance documents is a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation package with full benefits including healthcare, life, and disability insurance. A 401(k) plan is also available.
||Palo Alto, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED