Blog Editor Fellowship, HuffPost Healthy Living HuffingtonPost.com
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED About the Huffington Post:
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 46 million monthly unique visitors (comScore December, 2012) posting more than 8 million comments each month. The site has more than 40,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, Spain, Italy, and Japan.
The ideal blog editor is someone who is extremely web-savvy and detail-oriented, has a strong passion for and extensive knowledge of news and online media, and has extremely good communication skills. The primary duties of the blog editor are editing, evaluating and curating the opinion content that our bloggers create. Also essential to the job is the ability to initiate and maintain productive and professional relationships with our bloggers.
- Evaluating blog submissions and editing copy
- Correspondence and other communication, including editorial and technical problem-solving, with bloggers
- Featuring blog content on the frontpage of the site and our vertical pages
Requirements for success:
- Insatiable appetite for news and the desire to make things go crazy on the web
- Strong research and writing skills
- Proficiency with social media
- Meticulous dedication to detail and the ability to multitask
- Creativity and willingness to think outside the box
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and learn from feedback
- A passion for the Huffington Post and its editorial mission
This fellowship is located in our New York office, located in Greenwich Village. Our fellowship usually lasts four to six months and is a paid program that we use to identify potential full-time hires ? in other words, fellows are considered to be in training from the moment they begin. Our program ensures that fellows learn everything there is to know about how the Huffington Post approaches web publishing. Fellows have the chance discover whether HuffPost is the sort of place you want to launch your career.
||New York, NY |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED