Broadcast Teleport Technician SeaMobile
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED GENERAL PURPOSE: Responsible for the timely and accurate availability of all programming content for MTN TV.
- Coordinates daily activities of the transmission service function on the network.
- Accurately maintains all necessary information on program media and various systems.
- Follows all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure effective results on all workflows.
- Schedules listing service, conditional access and automation.
- Monitors service levels and takes appropriate action to maintain.
- Schedules recording and monitors live broadcast events.
- Generates reports identifying the media status during various stages in the life of a program, ensuring all program media is accurate and available for broadcast.
- Establishes good working relationship with internal/external departments to ensure timely completion of various tasks.
- Monitors and maintains quality levels for the telecommunications network for anomalies and handles issues from customers according to established procedures for management and technical escalations.
- Actively participates in group discussions and meetings.
- Disseminates appropriate information to department as needed.
- Performs Program Preparation and Quality Control tasks of media content, commercial and promotional spots.
- Uses test, measurement and diagnostic equipment to analyze, interpret, troubleshoot, document and restore digital services
- Initiates emergency restoration procedures following commercial power failures.
- Monitors earth station and terrestrial systems for proper operation.
- Documents and troubleshoots station equipment and initiates equipment repairs.
- Works with customers in the configuration and troubleshooting of satellite receiver equipment (Cisco).
- Monitors RF, IF, and L-band satellite networks
- Other duties as may be assigned.
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS:
This position reports to the Manager of TV & Broadcast Services and interfaces with the following: Programming Acquisitions, IT, Network Control Center, Operations, Contractors and Vendors.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
? 2 years of college or technical school.
? 1 ? 2 years of experience within the broadcast industry required (preferably in Operations, NOC and/or Program Prep).
? Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
? Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to analyze relationships between problem components.
This description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job. E3
? Ability to identify and prioritize issues.
? Good verbal and written communication skills.
? Proactive, resourceful and detail-oriented.
Travel up to 15%. The Holmdel Broadcast Center is a 24x7 facility and requires a candidate that is flexible to be available for any shift and to work weekends as required. Must have the ability to lift and move equipment up to 75 pounds. Must be able to climb antennas up to 30 ft. above the ground.
||Holmdel, NJ |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED