Build Engineer - (Falcon Propulsion Manufacturing) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Build Engineer - (Falcon Propulsion Manufacturing)
Manufacturing and Production Engineering | Hawthorne, CA, United States
The Company SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- You will take responsibility for the effective line layout and training of technicians for particular parts and sub-assemblies and must have an ongoing drive for continuous improvement in all aspects of work.
- Managing the transition of parts from development to production.
- Working closely with design engineers and internal shops to get parts built.
- Developing production procedures/processes.
- Resource management, planning, and interfacing with other production groups including interface with our MRP system and planning group to ensure timely production.
- Resolving manufacturing discrepancies and interfacing with the quality team.
- Support the integration process of components to sub-assemblies and sub-assemblies to the vehicle to improve the bill of process.
- Bachelor's degree required (Manufacturing, Industrial, Production, Quality, Mechanical or Aeronautical/Astronautical engineering degrees). Preferably a higher degree in engineering.
- Relevant Laboratory or Internship experience required (3+ years of relevant experience preferred).
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Process development, facility and line layouts, PFMEA, Error-Proofing
- Lean Manufacturing Tools, SMED, Kanban, OEE, 5S
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Experience with Design for Manufacture and Assembly
- Experience in a team oriented environment
- Experience with Unigraphics (UGS) and Teamcenter CAD and PDM systems is desired.
- Knowledge of metallic or composite manufacturing techniques, processes, equipment, and other processes such as: machining, welding, sheet metal forming, tube bending and stamping
- Understanding of test methods
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED