Business Analyst â Manufacturing SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Business Analyst â€" Manufacturing
Enterprise Information Systems | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
SpaceX is looking for an experienced Senior Business Systems Analyst with deep knowledge and experience in the purchasing/procurement and supply chain management areas. SpaceX is building a suite of custom applications to power the company that is revolutionizing access to Space. The person in this position must be able to define, design and deliver processes and application systems that enable the purchasing and supply chain functions to operate with maximum efficiency and effectiveness. This person will work with a group of fellow business analysts to define the complete system solution, and will work with an intense, leading edge set of application developers in order to create and deliver a world class system. Considered an expert in the field within the team they are working. The ideal candidate will also be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter and have excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity to excel at this position.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Work with the business, leading user groups, to define and document leading edge business processes
- Work with developers in order to create a simple, meaningful, efficient solution to business and systems requirements, and present this solution and obtain buy-off from the user community.
- Generate requirements documents that document the solution in business terms, and create clear requirements to enable application development
- Develop test cases for new designs that validate the process and the system solution, and be willing to execute testing for bug fixes and new capabilities being released.
- Provide project management skills to properly set and manage expectations and assure solution delivery
- Understand data modeling and be able to write SQL Queries against MS-SQL databases in order to do define needed data structures to meet business requirements, do data analytics, create â€œsimple data updateâ€ statements, and generate reports using SSRS
- As part of the applications team, monitor/manage Change Requests (bugs and enhancement), and be willing to operate the business applications Help Desk Phone
- Create and hold formal training sessions for the user community
- Write/update reference/user guides
Education and Training:
- Minimum 3 years of business analyst and process definition experience preferably in the field of purchasing and supply chain management
- Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment
- Proven track record of leading functional groups, defining, document and deploying process change and associated systems capabilities
- SQL proficiency in MS-SQL
- Ability to define, document and create reports
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with the ability to create original and creative solutions
- Must have the ability to cope with significant complexity while creating or modifying solutions
- The ability to work closely with users, and be proficient with requirements gathering techniques
- Proven analytical skills to properly evaluate and interpret cross-functional business requirements
- Ability to resolve complex issues related to enterprise-wide business requirements
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communications skills
- Development experience a plus
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred; equivalent work experience/certification.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED