Business Analyst, Mission Operations SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Business Analyst, Mission Operations
Enterprise Information Systems | McGregor, TX, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
The Business Analyst will proactively gather and implement requirements to enhance existing mission critical applications while ensuring the latest updates and versions are properly installed and operating. The ideal individual should have 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience in infrastructure support, applications support, testing or development. In addition to enhancements, this position will monitor, support and troubleshoot the system to ensure high availability of the software.
- Work closely with business users to collect and implement new features to an existing 3rd party application.
- Provide guidance and input to ensure the business requirements align with product capabilities.
- Stay current on existing product features and functionalities as well as backlog items to provide information and recommendations around prioritization to users as necessary.
- Participate in product planning sessions to gather and share requirement information.
- Identify important information and communicate complex requirements to user groups in an easy to understand way.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and make recommendations accordingly.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience with more than one of the following: Java, J2EE, C++, XML, HTTP, SQL and MySQL.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in application support, product development, or software development.
- Knowledge of and experience with agile software development.
- Excellent communication skills, strong analytical and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Expertise in document creation and management.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||McGregor, TX |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED